I'm a creative professional with over 13 years experience working within the Events Industry. My objective is to create amazing events with talented people bringing fun and energy to everything that I do. In my previous role I worked for nearly 8 years creating large scale events for creatives within the Design, Advertising and Tech industry. Having worked in-house at D&AD was responsible for the delivery of the D&AD Festivals and Awards Ceremonies which push on 4,000+ attendees per day, Award Shows for 800+ with crazy numbers of awards announced and experience of working in large (110k sq/ft) and challenging venues. Over the years I have worked with brands such as Adobe, Microsoft, Shutterstock as headline and sub sponsors to see through activations at the D&AD Festival. And also have a background in Music Festivals and high production events gaining lots of logistical experience of working with suppliers at all levels. In my previous role I particularly enjoyed leading on the D&AD Festival and Awards Ceremony, this includes producing the onscreen visuals, sourcing entertainment/speakers, briefing relevant stakeholders & creative agencies right through to delivery. Being used to working long hours over the course of each event I prove that I cope well in potentially stressful situations and try to pass on my calm demeanour to all of my team. I have a proven track record for successfully building relationships with suppliers, clients, sponsors and colleagues whilst managing and working as part of a team, some of whom are listed below: Unilever, Google, YouTube, Wetransfer, Diageo, Vice, DCM, Warner Music, Platinum Rye, Angell Sound, Media Monks, Campaign, Stack Magazine, The Mill, WPP, Ace Hotel Shoreditch, Grey London, Outlook & Dimensions Festivals. On a personal level I love to see guests interacting and enjoying themselves at events that I have produced seeing and feeling the reactions of attendees. KEY SKILLS -Event Production -Live Stage Show Production -Project Management -Health & Safety knowledge -Visual/On Screen Production -Print and Environmental Graphic Production -Strong industry contacts -Adobe: In-design, Illustrator, Photoshop -Microsoft: Word, Excel -Google Drive -Keynote -Salesforce -Sketch up - basic knowledge -First Aid Qualified -Clean Driving License
- D&AD FestivalD&AD Festival saw over 250 Internationally renowned Judges from the Digital, Advertising and Design industry's meet to Judge over 20,000 pieces of work at the Truman Brewery. Each evening we featured the likes of Dougal Wilson, Oliverio Toscani and Neil Harbisson and the famous Presidents Lectures followed by parties at the Ace Hotel., kindly sponsored by Ace Hotel Shoreditch, GCRS & Warner Chappell.. We finished off the week by opening our doors to the public, we welcomed nearly 2,000 peopl
- D&AD Presidents Lecture - Awakening TechCo-curated series starting with a Lecture in partnership with The Future Laboratory. The size of the digital universe is doubling every two years. How can we make sense of a world in which it is becoming increasingly difficult to decipher the physical from the virtual? As technology advances, it is giving us the chance to learn more about what it means to be human. It is making it easier to understand, simplify and use the streams of data flowing from our digitally-connected world. Awakening Tech, hosted by The Future Laboratory, will seek to uncover the meaning and emotion behind algorithms and deep-learning systems, discussing the key projects that are making waves in the creative world. Themes of discussion will also include the importance of serendipitous creativity in generative art and the rise of ‘phy-gital’ design.
- D&AD Presidents Lecture - DentsuDentsu's Chief Creative Officer, Yuya Furukawa, made a rare London appearance. In his D&AD President’s Lecture he delivered his argument for the transformative potential we all have as members of the advertising industry. I co-curated the series of Presidents Lectures with D&AD President and was responsible for all event management including AV, Keynote, Venue, Catering etc.
- I Wish I'd Done That - HamburgPart of a series of live panel discussions asking D&AD Award Winners which projects from the last 12 months made them think "I Wish I'd Done That". IWIDT - Hamburg supported by Google Secured free venues for the series and co-ordinated all event activity including delivery. Sourced all speakers and co-ordinated the overall project plan, briefing in relevant teams and stakeholders.
- I Wish I'd Done That - StockholmPart of a series of live panel discussions asking D&AD Award Winners which projects from the last 12 months made them think "I Wish I'd Done That". IWIDT - Stockholm supported by Google Secured free venues for the series and co-ordinated all event activity including delivery. Sourced all speakers and co-ordinated the overall project plan, briefing in relevant teams and stakeholders.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- D&AD FESTIVAL 2016In April 2016 D&AD Festival will be taking over Shoreditch in London for three days of creative excellence. Immerse yourself in an exhibition of the world’s best advertising and design and hear from over 150 speakers. Headliners include Tim Flach, Sir Martin Sorrell, Sir Paul Smith, Annie Atkins, Ashleigh Axios and Ralph Steadman. Simultaneously, local studios and agencies will open their doors for talks, tours and workshops. After all of that, parties will spring up at night (but don’t worry9
- D&ADThis project combines a multi media branding scheme across three events for D&AD. For the Student Awards exhibition we created a series of sixteen interactive tables, each with a brief laser etched into the wooden surface. The nominated student work was shown in an embedded touchscreen. For the awards ceremony we created onscreen graphics, incorporating a sound reactive element that danced to specially commissioned music. For the three events we created three distinct identities which were appli
+ Show more
Senior Manager, Events and Special ProjectsD&AD
London, United KingdomFull Time
Senior Manager of the Events & Special Projects Team, scoping and realising projects and events based on D&AD's vision. The Events Team manages a comprehensive and diverse programme for the company as a whole. Raising funds, awareness and promoting the work of D&AD, through Exhibitions, Lectures, Conferences, Training, Workshops & Award Ceremonies. Operating beyond the requisites of a traditional Events Manager my experience includes management of international, multi faceted projects across all mediums. Drawing on my diverse experience I feel that I am an invaluable in realising the vision and needs of D&AD's wider team. Responsible for: • Project Management: Scoping and visualising projects, setting out roles and responsibilities, budgets, external communications, deliver and evaluate. • Providing leadership, motivation & direction to the events team: appraisals & status updates. • International Events: Scoping, visualising, sourcing partners and sponsors, marketing plans, travel and accommodation, delivery. • Curating additional exhibitions for sponsor specific events outside of the D&AD remit. • Working with sponsors to deliver mutually beneficial contra deals., with gifts in kind and managing the expectations of our sponsors. • Creative concept development and writing creative briefs for third party collaborators. • Sourcing and managing the full catering services for events. • Curating the D&AD Presidents Lecture series for audiences between 500 – 900 guests. Previous speakers have included: David Bailey, Sir John Hegarty, Stefan Xiberras, Peter Saville, Jamie Pearlman, Tony Kaye, Bob Gill, Sir Alan Parker, Pecha Kucha, Neville Brody, Dentsu, Alex Taylor, The North Kingdom and Sir Paul Smith. • Recruitment and management of casual events staff. • Budget creation, budget pacing, procurement. Negotiating with suppliers to deliver projects on budget and on time. • All logistical and operational elements of D&AD events. • Health & Safety documentation and Risk Assessments for all events. • Project plans for environmental and printed installations. • Producer for the on screen elements of D&AD Events working closely with creative agencies, post production houses and production companies. • Sourcing entertainment and high quality AV and technical equipment. • Writing scripts and liaising with presenters. • Sustainability procedure and effective reporting. • Developing and delivering team building events for internal use.
+ Show more
- Marketing PR
- Visual Arts
- Event Branding
- Production Co-ordination
- Event Coordination
- Project Event Management
- Project Development
- Event Design Planning
- Event Delivery
- Awards Show Producer