+ Bilingual, former Gensler Design Strategist, graduating with a master's degree in Curating Contemporary Design. + Record of curating five exhibitions addressing societal issues and the designers' responses in Tokyo and London. + Excited by the possibility of drawing from theatrical approaches - uncovered during my research thesis - to engage audience in both an online and offline setting. + Currently curating an online film festival in collaboration with the Design Museum and Institut Français London.
Projects credited in
- TownAct!TownHouse collaborative project with MA Fashion, led by Jana Scholze and Richard Sorger. The group project saw the development of TownAct!, a proposal for a 3-phase Public Programme aiming at building and enhancing sense of community amongst Kingston University students, staff and Kingston local participants. The proposal focused on developing a programme on the topic of Fashion Sustainability.
- Tokyo, JapanFull Time
- Conducted secondary research to understand clients' industries and help identify their most pressing issues. - Created research reports, using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustration, and Adobe Photoshop. - Presented research results to executives and facilitated workshops to help clients establish project goals. - Developed the workshop tool to help to facilitate workshops with clients to establish project goals.
Ethnographic ResearchLoftwork inc.
- Tokyo, JapanInternship
- Conducted ethnographic research commissioned by the Japanese Government - METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry). - Interviewed seventy-one local citizens in the process of understanding retired country-life in three unique Japanese towns. - Conceptualized and exhibited research findings in one of the towns in a way that opened a discussion with local citizens.
+ Show more
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Html CSS
MA Curating Contemporary Design, in conjunction with the Design Museum, LondonKingston University
London, United Kingdom
- Reimagined an introductory film of 'London Underground Map' for the Design Museum's permanent exhibition in collaboration with the Head of Collection and Research at the Design Museum. - Curated a hypothetical public program, titled 'Design Exercise: Rethinking dis/ability in cinema' with the Design Museum's Senior Learning Producer. - Led a team that structured the format of 'The Design Film Festival' - an online festival in partnership with the Design Museum and Institut Français du Royaume Uni - in order to streamline the programme to be as accessible as possible to a wide audience. - Published and edited online articles and podcasts on course media platforms. (Instagram: @curatingdesign / Medium: medium.com/ curating-contemporary-design)
BA Design ResearchKeio University
- Tokyo, Japan
- Curated 'Design Inquiry' at IID, Tokyo. My role was designing the exhibition space, installing the objects, and giving tours to visitors. - Published a book named 'Mundane Design' to summarize the three years long research outcome for the project 'Design for the Mundane World'. - One year studying at University at Albany, New York, majoring in Sociology and Psychology.