Munroe Bergdorf is an International Social Activist and Model. Best known for channeling her unique blend of honesty and openness, the transgender model is making waves as one of the only influencers raising awareness of social issues that are affecting thousands of people across the world today. Munroe shares her life experiences as well as talking about sensitive subjects and topics some perceive as ‘taboo’; challenging stereotypes on gender, race, diversity and sexuality. Munroe’s true passion lies in her charity involvements, sharing her story and extending her hand of friendship and support amongst communities. Her mission is to inspire young people to overcome adversity and challenges. Munroe was the first transgender model to be selected for a UK beauty campaign. She has also fronted campaigns for Uniqlo and will be the Ambassador of world-renowned beauty brand Illamasqua for Christmas 2017. 2018 sees Munroe explore new opportunities such as documentaries and presenting, investigating global issues, with other projects to be announced soon.
Projects credited in
- British GQ StylePhotographer duo Scandebergs photograph Munroe Bergdorf, Kai Isaiah Jamal, Travis Alabanza, Naeem Davis and Mykki Blanco for GQ Style's Liberation Issue, curated by Elgar Johnson. As well as featuring in the story, Munroe has cast the project. "I have designed this magazine cover in memoriam of the black trans lives that have been needlessly cut short in 2020. A reminder that all black lives matter and that we must protect black trans futures." - Munroe Bergdorf. Photography by Scandebergs8
- Rise conference - 15 May 2019Our flagship conference! Yes. It's time to RISE. Only 13% of creative director contracts are currently given to women (and they are paid 7% less than their male peers). This is why RISE exists to change that across the creative and tech industries. And, we're INCLUSIVE. For change to happen, we need everyone to be involved in the narrative. It's at the London Symphony Orchestra's home in Shoreditch, one of the most beautiful locations in town. Walk away knowing: - how to design for 'inclusive9
- Black Magic AwardsVAMP worked alongside The Black Magic Network (formally know as The Colour Network) to produce an awards ceremony to honour black women in entertainment, film, tv, music, sport and business. With the likes of Stormzy, Munroe Bergdorf and Vanessa Kingori attending (and being honoured).
- Munroe Bergdorf shot in London for Hunger Magazine Issue 14Model and transgender activist Munroe Bergdorf is a modern champion for equality. In her final shoot before her facial feminisation surgery she opens up about her hearth wrenching experience of sexual assault and pens an open letter to victims and survivors of assault. http://www.hungertv.com/feature/fourteen-reasons-to-buy-hunger-14/ PHOTOGRAPHER: MICAELA MCLUCAS PHOTOGRAPHIC ASSISTANTS: CRISTINA PAREJA, LUKE HUTSON FLYNN CEZAR BANASZCZYK PRODUCER: ZOE ROBERTS ASSISTANT PRODUCER: BRIDGET VUI
- Creative Equals RISE 2019: In PicturesOur flagship conference! Yes. It's time to RISE. Only 13% of creative director contracts are currently given to women (and they are paid 7% less than their male peers). This is why RISE exists to change that across the creative and tech industries. And, we're INCLUSIVE. For change to happen, we need everyone to be involved in the narrative. Here are highlights from the conference (15 May 2019) held at the London Symphony Orchestra's home in Shoreditch, one of the most beautiful locations in to23
+ Show more