Creative marketer with 6 years experience in the arts and culture sector. Highly motivated, pro-active and positive person with excellent sales, marketing, communication and audience development skills. I'm a people person. I love working in a team to achieve shared ambitions and I love working out what makes people engage with the arts and become repeat attenders through to donors. Very interested in the links between marketing and fundraising, looking at alternative sources of funding and ways to bring together commercial and philanthropic values and ideas as well as making things increasingly digital.Locked Pro Plan feature
Devising and leading marketing workshops and training packages for artists and theatre makers looking at audience development, digital marketing, touring and campaign planning. Clients have included Canterbury Festival, New Theatre Royal Portsmouth, University of Surrey and Oliva Tweest Afro Musical.
• Leading on development and delivery of audience development, marketing, digital and PR plans for all areas of operation. • First point of contact for all enquiries including liaising with artists, producers and in house staff teams about the progress of campaigns. • Working in partnership with corporate and community partners across sectors to support the delivery of joint campaigns such as large scale outdoor performances and community events. • Increasing usage of the Albany building, growing footfall and audience numbers. • Developing and increasing usage of the Albany's sister venues (Deptford Lounge and Canada Water Theatre) promoting their multiple spaces, community and creative programme and corporate hire potential. • Line Management of Marketing Assistant and Interns.
• Management of house brand and budget; marketing and press campaigns, website, digital and social media strategy across multiple platforms • Collaborating with up to 10 artists/companies a month to create content and strategies that promote their brand and their work • Supporting over 200 member venues to create and implement marketing campaigns and audience development strategies • Leading on and evaluating all audience development initiatives across the house network including the collating, reporting on and analysing of data • A member of the Access and Inclusion Committee at Farnham Maltings *house is a development initiative, the first of its kind, which exists to increase and diversify audiences in South East England. It is delivered by Farnham Maltings.
Researched, created and implemented marketing and press campaigns for all shows in the Spring 2016 season at Canada Water Culture Space
• Responsible for campaigns and budgets in the ‘Upstairs’ space • Worked on implementation and integration of Spektrix as new Box Office system • Managed relationship with education department to engage young people in the Soho Theatre education programme and complementary events • Managed relationship with in-house bar to create cross promotion and turn bar punters into comedy and theatre audiences • Developed offer for and implemented new level of membership and led on marketing campaign to grow and retain members • Managed e-marketing schedule including designing and sending emails to database of 80,000 • Curated and managed creative content for social media channels • A member of both the Soho Theatre and London Theatre Consortium Access and Equality Committees
• Assisted the marketing team in brand management and implementing campaigns for music, theatre, comedy and dance events in both spaces • Managed campaigns for Young Musician of the Year, New Adventures’ Lord of the Flies and NT Connections that all engaged with the local community. • Gathered content and coordinated approval from companies for season brochures • Planned and managed delivery of press events including press appearances and press nights, particularly for the annual pantomime, the biggest event of the year.
• Responsible for the day-to-day running of the office and theatre site • Copy writing for marketing and press purposes • Designed posters for the theatre site • Responsible for social media strategy across the season
Booked customers, including those with access requirements, into events at 39 ATG venues via telephone, using Enta and AudienceView Box Office software and actively promoted and sold the ATG membership to customers.
Held responsibility for the smooth running and maintenance of the theatre and liaised with internal and external Technical and Front of House teams to maintain an efficient schedule.
Gained extensive work experience in Administration and Marketing including copywriting, issuing contracts, social media, e-marketing and print as well as in the Front of House and Technical departments
Modules included: - Publishing - Internship at Norwich Playhouse - Dissertation on Arts Funding: Philanthropy, Education, 2012 Olympics - Stage Management of Production of Macbeth - Vice President of Student run theatre company Minotaur 2010 - 2011
GCSE's: 10 A's and 1 A* A-Levels: 4 A's