I am a freelance journalist, editor and social media assistant based in Manchester. I currently work as Social Media Assistant at gal-dem, and freelance as Clubs Editor at The Skinny. I have nearly 10 years writing experience and over two years editing experience, mainly within the arts and culture sector. My particular areas of expertise are in music and club culture, but I also cover comedy, film, TV, art, fashion and more. I am available for freelance commissions in online and print journalism, social media, and marketing and PR opportunities, such as writing press releases and artist bios.
- Clubbing TogetherClubbing Together is The Skinny's new podcast series, co-hosted by myself and freelance journalist Chiara Wilkinson, documenting Scotland's vibrant club scene. Throughout the series, we will meet prominent members of Scotland's club scene to discuss some of the nation's most famous and popular club nights. In the first episode, we meet George Macdonald, aka G-Mac, co-founder of infamous drum'n'bass club night Manga, a party renowned for bringing drum'n'bass to Scotland in the mid-90s. Produced a
- Everyone in the ClubTo coincide with the Night Fever: Designing Club Culture exhibition, running at the V&A Dundee from 1 May 2021 until 9 January 2022, the museum's digital team built the first ever Scottish Digital Clubbing Archive, Everyone in the Club. I was hired on a freelance contract to research and write club bios for the archive's interactive map; to select up to 10 clubs to highlight as being particularly influential; to conduct interviews with prominent figures in Scotland's club scene; and to gather as
- V&A Dundee x The SkinnyAll of the features produced as part of The Skinny's media partnership with the V&A Dundee, covering the Night Fever: Designing Club Culture exhibition, running from 1 May 2021 until 9 January 2022. As Clubs Editor, I am responsible for commissioning and overseeing all of the content covering the exhibition in the magazine and online, working alongside the V&A Dundee's Media Officer. Art Direction by Rachael Hood (Are You Ready for Love, Culture Club and A (very) Brief History of Scottish Clubbi
- Edinburgh International Festival x The SkinnyFor the final feature published as part of The Skinny's collaboration with the Edinburgh International Festival, showcasing emerging writers based in Scotland, Chiara Wilkinson looks back on the history of Scottish club flyer and poster design. The feature – written by Chiara and edited by myself – traces back the roots of club flyer and poster design right back to the 1980s and into the present day, highlighting the work of prominent Scottish designers including Caterina Bianchini, Connor MacDo
- Safety FirstMy double page feature looking into the return of music festivals in the UK and Europe post-pandemic, for the July 2021 issue of The Skinny. This was the lead feature in the Music Festivals Special issue. Art Direction by Rachael Hood and Design by Phoebe Willison, with Illustrations by Beatrice Simpkiss.
+ View all
Clubs EditorThe Skinny
London, United KingdomFreelance
Responsible for curating The Skinny's Clubs section in print and online. Commission, write, edit and source imagery for features, interviews, reviews and clubbing highlights. Liaise with promoters, PRs, booking agents, managers, writers, artists etc. Previously co-hosted a weekly radio show with The Skinny's Music Editor and organised occasional show takeovers and guest mixes.
+ Show more
- Popular Culture
- Music Journalism
- Art Journalism
- CMS Experience