After studying photography at Bournemouth Art School in England, I spent the following 15 years based in London working as an editorial photographer. During this time, I travelled extensively commissioned to photograph musicians and youth subcultures. Identity a theme I have been revisiting ever since. In 2009 I moved to Vietnam where I lived for six years. I fell in love with Vietnamese culture and its people - witnessing a communist country embracing capitalism and undergoing rapid economic and cultural development. This provided the backdrop to a series of long-term photographic projects ('Bloody Chunks', 'Untitled', 'Song' and 'Monobloc') entitled 'The Vietnam Collection'. This body of work explores Vietnamese life - in all its raw unadulterated beauty. In 2014 I won the Photo District News Award (NYC) for my 'Bloody Chunks' (VIETNAM) work and again in 2016 for my 'Wizkid Fans' (TOGO) series. Im currently based in London working on long-term projects, exhibiting and working on commissioned work.
- ::: NEON DUST ::: KALEIDOSCAPESIn late 2020 in the grips of the lockdown in the UK, I retreated into my own world and started creating these new worlds, new landscapes called 'KALEIDOSCAPES'. My latest series ::: NEON DUST ::: was created during the snow fall we had in the UK in February 2021. These kaleidoscopic artworks mirror the symmetrical shapes of a snowflake. They were made from Neon Dust, Black Light and Snow which acted as the canvas. ::: NEON DUST ::: Video clip edited by Julia Massey Limited Edition Giclee art
- 'RAVE ON' - KALEIDOSCOPIC ARTWORKSIn November 2020 I was doing some research for a forthcoming book due out in Spring 2021. Whilst digging through my neg. archives I discovered some photos of some fluro paintings I made in the height of my raving days. As a young photography student, I remember hawking the fluro paintings and a small UV light around to record companies. In the hope that they could be used as artwork cover for musicians - much to the record execs bemusement. So nearly 30 years later, with the help of some repetit
- UK Jazz for Redbulletin Magazine (October Issue 2019)14 page feature on UK Jazz commissioned by Redbulletin Magazine. Shooting this feature introduced me to this young, vibrant, life affirming jazz scene that is happening in London right now. Young musicians I photographed included; Zara McFarlane, Joe Armon-Jones, Nubaya Garcia, Kokoroko, Theon Cross and Dylan Jones. All these musicians came through Gary Crosby's (OBE) 'Tomorrow's Warriors' Jazz program.
- PLASTIC TSUNAMIFeeling overwhelmed by the sea of un-recyclable, un-biodegradable plastic that seems to pass through my family household every day. In the UK the big supermarkets need to do more to stem the use of single use plastics used in their packaging. Most of it ending up in the sea, being burn't or buried in the ground or failing that sent to a country far away. I've started to document this un-recyclable plastic packaging and other offenders that we use fleetingly in our day to day lives. Im intereste
- BOXPARK EXHIBITION | THE 2000-2003 COLLECTION'The 2000-2003 Film Collection' exhibition at Boxpark Shoreditch (May '18) and (April '18 )at Boxpark Croydon. 2000-2003 was a productive few years for me. I lived in London and worked primarily as an editorial photographer shooting youth culture and musicians for then style bible - The Face and the new mag on the block - Sleaze nation. All shot on film 'The 2000-2003 Film Collection' captures the youth tribes and artists at this juncture in the new millennium. This was a time when the first cam
- An Ode to: THE BRITISH TELEPHONE BOX | ART INSTALLATIONOn the streets of London, 'The British Telephone Box' stands battered and beaten; a disused relic from our recent history, still used by a small minority but mainly forgotten. Photographed on a google pixel phone 'An Ode to: The British Telephone Box' is an ongoing project documenting the last few still standing. This is my visual poem. A selection of these images are currently on show at Dereham Place, Shoreditch, London EC2. Showing street side in a new public space and art platform called 'Ou
+ View all
- Editorial Photography
- Portrait Photography
- Digital Photography
- Commercial Photography
- Documentary Photography
- Event Photography
- Art Photography
- Picture Editing
Photo District News (PDN) Ultimate Music Moments Awards 2016PDNWinner - With my series about the fans of Nigerian Superstar 'Wizkid' photographed in Togo, Africa.
Photo District News (PDN) Ultimate Music Moments Awards 2014PDNWinner - With my series entitled 'Bloody Chunks' - a body of work about the Vietnamese Underground Metal Scene. Photographed in Vietnam.