An experienced visual artist (fine art photography and design for galleries and creative companies) and creative communications assistant. I'm based between London and Newcastle but always keen to travel to collaborate creatively or assist on creative projects.
- 'Between Dog and Wolf' ExhibitionParlour's inaugural exhibition 'Between Dog and Wolf' celebrates metamorphosis, ritual and ancient wisdom. Paintings, sculptures, talismans and rituals by seven contemporary female artists who explore interpretations of metamorphosis within the realm of magic and art. The exhibition looks at artists weaving stories from mythology, psychology, tarot, witchcraft and fairy tales through their work. A common phrase in French [entre chien et loup] to describe twilight —in English, the magic or witc
- 'If these walls could talk' ExhibitionIf these walls could talk invites you to meet and engage with artworks in a personal setting. The immersion into the familiar moods of the domestic space aims to re-sensualise the experience of viewing art as an alternative to the growing mundanity of the white cube. The home is the staging of everyday life and rituals; it serves as a container for experience, memories and dreams and becomes an extension of its occupants. As such, this exhibition is personal. Stéphanie Ruth's vision is to empl
- 'Who Are These Women?' - Photography ExhibitionExamples from a body of work I created (photography, audio and video) as displayed as part of a virtual exhibition and zine. 'Who Are These Women?' is a Photographic exploration of what it means to be a woman in relation to employment (particularly in the creative industries), identity and equal opportunities. The exhibition comprises the works of 8 women who took part in a virtual workshop hosted by artist Kallina Brailsford. Find the full exhibition here: https://www.researchcatalogue.net/
- 'The Antidote to Perfectionism' - Creative Director‘The Antidote to Perfectionism' project explores the impact perfectionism has on individual identities, using creative interpretations of public responses in the form of a typography style video and a spoken word poem. Spoken word poem, written and performed by Midge Ryall Score, 'Perfect Girl' Becca James Production, Becca James Artistic Direction, Nikki Robson Videography by Gareth Williams Sound Engineer, Liam Gaughan Funding, Create:Develop, Tipping Point UK
Junior PublicistLisa Baker Ltd
London, United KingdomFreelance
- Research and strategy for press campaigns. - Writing press releases and articles on various Arts and Culture individuals and events. - Communicating within teams to meet deadlines and edit written content. - Pitching stories to Arts and Culture publications.
Gallery Manager99 Projects
London, United KingdomFreelance
- Gallery management: assisting in the curation and installation of artworks, liaising with artists, studio visits, general upkeep of gallery space, communication via phone, email, social media and face-to-face, creating long and short-term timelines for exhibitions and events. - Digital: designing print materials, updating gallery website (Squarespace) and print shop (Shopify), creating exhibition catalogues, artwork inventory, contact lists, photography, artist details, bill of sales, invoices, and creating virtual exhibitions (kunstmatrix). - Marketing & PR: writing press releases and artist bios, creating newsletters, mailing list upkeep (Squarespace & Mailchimp), social media management and content creation, SEO copywriting, creating press lists and press email communication. - Organisation: shipment of artworks, planning of opening events (staffing, catering, sponsors, charity outreach), managing payments and invoices.
+ Show more
- Artist Management
- Press Campaigns
- Photography Editing
- Artist Development
- Film Photography
- Personal Assistance
- Personal Branding
- Layout Design
- Editorial Content
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Nottingham Trent University
- Nottingham, United Kingdom
English Literature - 2:1