Hey :) My name is Nicole Barbosa, I go by Curls for my creative projects. I first started expressing myself creatively through photography, and its been one of my passions ever since.As soon as I started, I knew I wanted to develop my photographic language until it truly represented what I wish to give to the world. I focus on human connections in all fields: music industry, fashion, fine arts. I love documenting people in different spaces. I love developing personal projects, but love just as much extending my skills to other people's project. If you're passionate, it doesn't matter what you do, you will make people fall in love with the thing you love as well. I like to document that process.
- SUPPORT YOURSIn 2019 I created my own conscious brand: Support Yours. I was struggling with feeling a sense of community within my creative process, and wanted to extend my design capabilities onto clothing. I wanted something tangible that I could share with people, and remind them to show love to their friend's art. Support Yours philosophy can applied on any part of the spectrum of creative expression. Support your local farmer, support your photographer friend, commission your favorite illustrator on ins
- NEW WAVE MAGAZINE - THEODOR BLACKAfter releasing his EP in November, Theodor Black was asked to do a magazine feature to celebrate and promote his latest release. He called me & Vero up again to style and photograph a series of photos that best represent him as an artist, to illustrate his thoughts and answers that were being shared during his interview.
- THEODOR BLACK - GARCONFriend and avid collaborator, Theodor Black is a London based recording artists signed to Songular Music. He asked me if I wanted to shoot the cover fo his upcoming EP, last November, and I was more than excited to do so. I've worked with Theodor Black many times before: social media content, press shots, and other photographic work. He requested both me & Vero Jacobs worked on it. Veronique is one of the stylist I collaborate with the most, and together we put together these beautiful images.
- INTERIOR DESIGN PORTFOLIOI was commissioned to photograph an upholster/interior designer's portfolio. This is a space Neky 2'nd Chance designed, with custom pieces that she made from second hand purchases. I wanted to have a go at photographing a still space, experimenting with different subjects can be very benefitial to developing new ways of capturing people. It also gave me the chance to build a body of work I can keep developing.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Gast Eyewear Campaign SS21The latest release for independent Italian eyewear brand 'Gast' was styled by myself and Veronique Jacobs and 'Shot by Curls' in Barcelona. We worked with Brazilian make-up artist/model Melissa Morena and decided to cast models Lara Dias Dos Santos and Gabriel Famokunwa who are both young Catalans with roots in Angola and Nigeria. The campaign featured vintage pieces and footwear from Brazilian designer Ocksa.
- 'Pinhal' Editorial Kaltblut MagazineShot in Marisol, Portugal, our editorial ‘Pinhal’, named after the pine forests, features designs exclusively from Alexandra Moura's new collection. We used our beautiful model Nadja Barbosa because we wanted to showcase a new perspective/more accurate representation of Portuguese fashion. With Cape Verde and Guinée-Buissau being two large ex colonies of Portugal, we felt it was really important for the model to reflect that. This project was shot by none other than 'Shot by Curls' with impecca
+ Show more
- London, United KingdomPart Time
I was in charge of the creative direction of ANEW's visual content, on their social media as well as on their website. ANEW was a talent consultancy agency, that provided the best talent for companies in the creative industry. I made sure their online presence felt human, and created photographic content that involved interviewing and portraying creative human beings of London.