You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I have most recently been building brands in the spirits segment, particularly in the travel retail/duty free sector. An accomplished communicator with multi-cultural awareness and a flair for networking and influencing, I make things happen with a positive attitude and thirst for knowledge. Previously a journalist with over 15 years' experience in writing, editing, sub-editing and doing research for print and online media. Proficient in several languages, with experience in translation and several areas of expertise including (but not limited to) technology, science, sport, entertainment and business. Specialties: Writing, editing, subbing, online, image editing, SEO, CMS, social media, travel retail/duty free, spirits, whisky, marketing, promotions, branding, trainingLocked Pro Plan feature
* Brand development in the travel retail/duty free segment for spirits brands such as Bowmore, Laphroaig, Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Courvoisier, Yamazaki and Hibiki * Responsibility over customers' marketing budgets and annual plans * Managing and implementing promotional activities at airports, ferries and border shops * Identifying local opportunities through networking and influencing * Training staff on brand and category knowledge
* Writing freelance features for a range of publications * Corporate translation work
• Tasked with developing the social media, communications and marketing strategy for the award-winning games publisher • Responsible for creating original content for the company website and social media, producing and managing newsletters, handling PR and social media requests
• Part of the company’s Global Travel Retail team, responsible for all training, education and brand advocacy in the Europe region • Managing agencies and staff involved in promotional activities and recruiting permanent in-store consultants representing our brands at key airport locations • Tasked with developing and improving relationships with customers at head office and local levels, as well as supporting the marketing team in conceptualising and implementing promotions, identifying opportunities, organising events and producing press releases and other editorial content • Responsible for managing point-of-sale materials, liaising with suppliers, warehouses and customers as well as the internal team to ensure everything is in place for all activations in Europe GTR • Oversaw the development of an iPad app for use by shop floor staff that allows the company to communicate directly with them; supply product information, targets and other relevant documents; receive pictures and videos; and provide immediate feedback on any issues
• DFNI is a trade publication dedicated to the duty-free and travel-retail market, with products including a news website (DFNIonline.com), a monthly magazine and sister title Travel Retailer International, published three times a year • First joined as Online Editor, promoted in 2009 to Deputy Editor • Oversaw the last redevelopment of DFNIonline.com, liaising directly with the IT and design teams • Responsible for increasing traffic on DFNIonline.com from around 3,500 unique visitors in November 2007 to over 23,000 in November 2012, and for establishing the magazine’s social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter • Consistently helped to establish key contacts with industry stakeholders that led to exclusive interviews and breaking news stories, including retailers and luxury brands • Tasked with liaising with and managing freelance contributors and their output on a regular basis • Travelled to events, conferences and to chase stories in four continents