With over 20 years of experience firmly rooted in magazine production, both in editing and design, I've applied those skills to everything else I've worked on too: print and digital design for editorial and marketing, website design and development, marketing assets for print and television media as well as global consumer brands. While print design will always be my first love, over the past 10 years I've added many new skills to my arsenal, including web design (Wordpress, CSS, HTML), paid and organic social media assets (static and animated), OOH and DOOH, banner ads, email signatures and CRM assets, etc. My education (Master of Arts in Media Ecology and Film Production, New York University) prepared me for my exciting work in the world of NYC media; here in London I'd love to work in magazines, books, television or film companies, or any marketing/branding work that is varied and could benefit from a graphic designer with humour, international perspective and passion for producing technically proficient work.
- Bites We Love Shelf-Ready PackagingAs part of the Bites We Love rebranding done by Umbrella Studios, I designed this shelf-ready packaging and delivered print-ready files. Based on the larger shipping box for the full-size bags, I created three new designs for the client to choose from and did the artworking and revisions for this shelf-ready packaging. I was given a die-cut template to work with, and used elements from the other packaging to keep the style consistent. The white shapes are silhouettes of the colourful fruit and
- Welbeck Publishing Book CataloguesWorking on the Welbeck book catalogues (both Adult and Children’s) was one of my favourite projects of the past year. The content was varied and endlessly interesting, and because they already had a basic page layout to start with, I had the opportunity to either neatly fit each of this year’s titles into the standard layout or add creative flourish to some layouts based on the book’s theme. For each title in the catalogue, I made a mockup of the book cover and spreads using the supplied PDF ima
- Time Out cover wrap and ads for Cawston PressThis project produced by Umbrella Studios for Cawston Press included a cover wrap for a June 2019 issue of Time Out London magazine, plus the inside front cover, inside back cover, and a full page ad. I created the photo collage for the front and back cover and layouts for all five pages in the style used throughout recent advertising and promotion for Cawston Press.
- 'Summer Picks' Magazine for Cawston Press'Summer Picks' magazine was produced by Umbrella Studios for Cawston Press and distributed in cafes around London and as inserts in the Evening Standard and Time Out London. For the larger version, I did the artworking to prepare the print documents. For the smaller version, I re-designed the layouts to fit the same content in a smaller format and delivered the final print documents.
- Paperback Book Design - "People Like Us"This non-fiction book for young adults was produced by Cypher. Using InDesign, I did the print design and layout for this trade paperback book and delivered the print PDF documents according to the printer's specs. Using Illustrator and a combination of stock and original artwork, I created three illustrations for the quotes that introduce the parts of the book, and did the cover layout and print docs using artwork supplied. I also provided an eBook version of the layout.
- Scholastic Press Marketing MaterialsThese are just a few print and digital assets I have designed for Scholastic Press as a freelance designer/creative artworker in the marketing department. Working from briefs and taking style cues from existing marketing assets, I produced a steady stream of posters, print ads, flyers, order forms, and banners for the website, emails, and social media. Using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, I created layouts and modified stock media assets to suit. Shown here are two A3 posters, the front an
+ View all
- Desktop Publishing
- Print Design
- Wordpress Design
- Web Design
- Magazine Artworking
- Creative Artworking
- Adobe After Effects