Founder and Editor of Deciphering Solutions UK an editorial services provider. Omolara is a Communications and Events Specialist. Currently, she is the lead editor at Deciphering Solutions UK, specialising in copywriting, copy editing, proofreading, branding and storytelling. Omolara is a member of the Chartered Institute for Editors and Proofreaders. Omolara has significant experience in political monitoring, stakeholder management and engagement, events project management and business development. She has a demonstrated history of working in the non-profit and arts and culture sector. Skilled in drafting press releases, corporate responses, consultations, issues management, project management, crisis communication, communication strategy and events production and coordination. Omolara is a strong communicator, empathetic, passionate and driven, interested in social action, both goal-oriented and issues led. She holds a 1st Class joint honours degree in English Literature and English Language & Linguistics from the University of Roehampton. Outside of her professional career, she writes across many forms including, essays, imaginative narrative forms and poetry. Her work has been featured by Medium and the award-winning AZ Mag.
Projects credited in
- FutureFest 2020How can the planet sustain us? What will Alexa do with your biggest secrets? How can we learn to be alone together? With questions as big as these, it’s tempting to retreat, take shelter in a remote forest and hide from the world. But what we need is a map and a compass to point us in the right direction. FutureFest offers you the essential tools to reset the clock on doomsday and navigate a better future. FutureFest is based on the belief that the future is not something that happens to us, b
- Concrete Dreams at Southbank CentreConcrete Dreams celebrated the reopening of Southbank Centre’s brutalist buildings with an exclusive glimpse into the backstage world of the performer. Visitors discovered the rich history and behind-the-scenes secrets of the venues through installations, audio-visual content and previously unseen archives. Entering through Queen Elizabeth Hall Artists’ Entrance, audiences followed in the footsteps of legendary artists who performed on these stages at the start of their careers in the swinging
- Africa Utopia, Southbank CentreArticle originally published here, WEDNESDAY, JULY 12, 2017 - 16:59 Prepare to be transported to another continent as Africa Utopia takes over Southbank Centre. Our Senior Curator of Contemporary Culture, Hannah Azieb Pool, introduces you to this year’s festival, which takes place at Southbank Centre on 15-16 July. Welcome to this year’s Africa Utopia festival. Now in it’s fifth year, we are delighted to bring the very best contemporary African and diaspora performance, dance, literature, music
+ Show more
- London, United KingdomFull Time
As a member of Nesta’s Education team, I worked across all our education-related work from policy to programmes. My role has three primary functions, the first is business development, this includes fundraising, proposal writing, identifying potential partners, networking and pipeline cultivation. Secondly, I oversaw the external narrative of the education team including; branding, speaking engagements, media, collating and drafting consultation responses, campaigning and general communications. Thirdly, event production and project management, I helped shape and deliver events from conception to content production, coordination and logistics to event day delivery. I helped lead on communication across a 5 million pound partnership with the Department for Education as well as project managed Nesta's Education conference with over 500 attendees.
Public AffairsSouthbank Centre
- London, United KingdomFull Time
As a core member of the Southbank Centre's External Affairs team, my responsibilities were numerous and varied. Some of my responsibilities included: management of the contact and stakeholder databases, across two digital platforms, political and policy monitoring, providing political briefings for senior management, assisting on issues management and crisis communication document, maintaining regular contact with stakeholders and prospective stakeholders, evaluating artistic programming for reputational risk, collating and creating content for Southbank Centre's internal communications, drafting documents i.e. press releases and corporate communication, as well as general administration. I worked on several media campaigns such as the reopening of the renowned Hayward Gallery and Queen Elizabeth Hall, royal visits from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and book tours from former first ladies Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama.
- Project Management
- Policy Analysis
- Brand Communications
- Events Planning
- Stakeholder Engagement
1st Class Degree in BA (Joint Honours) English Literature, English Language & LinguisticsUniversity of Roehampton
- London, United Kingdom
I have experience in; semantics, syntax, psycholinguistics, phonology, morphology, sociolinguistics, as well as an indepth ability to research, close read and analyse.