Illustrator and Animator with a passion to create bold and striking imagery that is playful, expressive and full of character. Originally trained as a Graphic Designer, I have 12 years experience working with some of the world's leading brands across the food & drink, sport, fashion and tech industries.
- 600 pancakes later... Happy Pancake Day Written and directed by Wriggles & Robins Creative development: Mathieu Cuvelier Animation editing: Treat Pancake illustrations: Phil Arthur Stop frame animation: Matthew Cooper Grade: Katie Dymmock at Coffee & TV Post-producer: Alannah Currie Sound design: Sean Mahoney at Sister Sound
- A family friendly style for a family focussed brand. I was given the dream task of illustrating a diverse series of characters enjoying the Frankie & Benny's experience. These appeared throughout the brand's many restaurants, on menus and signage as well as online playful gif animations. Working closely with the brilliant team at venturethree I was able to bring to life the spirit of the brand in a bold and eye-catching way, connecting directly with the consumers and fans of the restaurant.
- Tech company consumer personalities Bringing consumers to life through character and lifestyle stories. Each character was created as part of a larger study to better understand customer behaviours - I imagined each character's general appearance as well as their home environments.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- A music promo for Henny Knightz. Within another corner of the ‘Random House of Evil’, Pontiac Black dives into a weird colorful story that a boastful and ecstatic Henny guides us through. Director - Sau Ali Producer - Sau Ali D.O.P - Lee Burnett 1st AC - Tom Bearne 2nd AC - Chris Montengo Production Assistant - Mark Omotobora Stylist - Nicki Knightz Colorist - Sebastian Ziabka Animation - Phil Arthur Editor - Sau Ali Art - Cong Nguyen Jewelry - Stööki
- Campaign for Somerset House Summer Series, the music festival that takes place every summer in Somerset House iconic 18th century courtyard. This year line-up featured Gossip, Jacob Banks and Nao. I played with scale, geometric shapes and a primary colour palette to suggest the sound world created by the artists. The shapes break out of the frame, illustrating the epic, heart-pounding experience. Animation by Phil Arthur
+ Show more
Freelance Illustration, Animation & Art DirectionPhil Arthur Limited
London, United KingdomFreelance
- Art Direction
- Hons Graphic Design
- Campaign Concept and Creation
- Animated Gif
- Character Illustration
- Adobe Illustrator