Phoebe Ball is a fashion photographer and artist based between Berlin, DE and the UK. Ball previously studied a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at City and Guilds of London Art School and has recently graduated from Leeds Arts University with a First Class Honours Degree in BA (Hons) Photography. Ball is especially inspired by 1970s punk and their practice focuses on ideas of consumption and wastage. Instagram: @phoebeball_ Website: www.phoebeball.com
- Subvrt Magazine SubmissionPunks and Pollution’ (2018-2019) is a photographic response to the detrimental and possibly irreversible effect climate change and fast fashion is having on the environment, society and people living within that society. This editorial presents an anti-establishment punk attitude and the demonstration of how destructive capitalist consumerism is for the environment and society. Models: Katie Hannah Vainuz Tyler https://www.subvrtmag.com/punks-and-pollution-destructive-nature-of-capitalist-con
- Photo Shoot Planning - NAKT, BerlinOrganisation of photoshoot alongside Esther Moser to create content for NAKT studio's social media page. Prior to the shoot I organised model fittings so we could find the appropriate garments. I also contacted model's from our modelling database in order to realise this photo shoot. Photography by Thomas Kuhn Models - Antonia & Cecilia MUA - Darja Crainiucenco https://www.instagram.com/p/B94txRSqill/
- Melisa Minca Summer 2020 - Photo shoot Assistance & Model CastingI assisted with the product photos for Berlin based designer: Melisa Minca's Summer pieces. I was also responsible for casting models and creating "behind the scenes" social media posts. Models: Lucia & Amanda *Photos not taken by me*
- Melisa Minca: Studio-Recovery Zero Waste Capsule Collection (model casting & assistant)The Studio Recovery Capsule is a zero waste collection from sustainable Upcycling Berlin brand: Melisa Minca. All pieces are made from fabric scraps or fabric discards and made into sustainable reworked pieces. I was responsible for the model casting and photo shoot assistance for this project. *Photos not taken by me* Models: Sarah Luisa Aoife Helen Isu
+ View all
PR Management InternMelisa Minca
I currently intern as Public Relations manager for sustainable upcycling Berlin brand: Melisa Minca. My tasks including model casting for product and editorial photo shoots, contacting influencers, research new marketing strategies, creating content for social media, organising loans between stylists & updating modelling databases. I'm also able to plan my own photoshoots utilising Melisa Minca garments.
Social Media Manager InternNAKT
- Berlin, GermanyInternship
My role included managing the social media content on the NAKT studio Instagram and Facebook page. This entailed posting stories and content to the feed with links to the NAKT website and products. Furthermore I promoted material for events such as the open studios and loft parties; working with different departments of the NAKT team such as with our Social Media Strategist to increase engagement, likes and followers. What is more I organised photo shoots with photographers, stylists and models to create fresh content for NAKT. I also planned my own photo shoots for NAKT, photographing editorial and product shots. Finally my role entailed, replying to social media messages when individuals wanted to be part of a NAKT collaboration and whether these photo shoots would be submitted to a publication, with the occasional interaction with influencers.
+ Show more
- Fashion Photography
- Editorial Photography
- Adobe Lightroom
- 35mm Film Photography
- 120 Film
- Studio Lighting
- Portrait Photography
- Picture Editing
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Leeds Arts University
- Leeds, United Kingdom
I recently graduated from Leeds Arts University with a First Class honours degree in Photography. My time studying at Leeds Arts University allowed me to develop my technological skills using the Adobe creative suite and Capture One Pro. I was also able to use studio lighting and had access to industry standard equipment. I eventually specialised in 35mm and 120mm film fashion photography.
Level 4 in Fine ArtLeeds Beckett University
- Leeds, United Kingdom
I studied Fine Art at Leeds Beckett for 1 academic year before transferring to Leeds Arts University. This year at Leeds Beckett allowed me to develop my graphic skills such as becoming more competent with Adobe InDesign. I also experimented with risograph printing, performance video art and made textile and found material sculptures.
+ Show more