I am a recent graduate from the University of Glasgow, achieving a 2:1 in a Master of Arts with honours in Art History. Alongside my degree, I was heavily involved in the Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show. During my time with GUCFS, we raised over £82,000 for four incredible charities and grew substantially as a brand. As President of GUCFS 2019, I worked to push the creative and innovative boundaries of the society to further our philanthropic efforts for our charitable partner, Simon Community Scotland, facilitating a 53% increase in our charitable donation from the previous year; raising £34,130.79. I have recently completed Eventbrite’s Event Marketing & Sponsorship courses, and the 40-hour 'Fundamentals of Digital Marketing' certification by Google Digital Garage. I am also beginning to learn Adobe Creative Cloud apps, including Photoshop and InDesign! Experienced in PR, marketing, sponsorship & partnerships, events, production & operations, creative campaigns, fundraising and community engagement. Currently looking for a role to use and expand upon my current skills and experience in London or Oxford.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Assisting within both the Front and Back of House teams at the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival, Australia’s largest fashion event • Set-up of a 1,500 capacity showroom for sold-out runway events, often with limited turnaround between events. • Support with sponsor stock management & set-up of sponsorship materials (giftbags, magazines, products etc). Assisting the FOH Runway Manager in the creation of gift bags & gifted items, placing these on specific seats/sections of the showroom. • Queue management, welcoming patrons & providing venue information. • Supporting the BOH Manager, Stylists & Head Dressers during Back of House set-up, rehearsals, runways & pack-down. • Assisting with dressing, ensuring models are styled correctly according to their spec sheet. • Preparing garments and rails, steaming & ensuring the safe keeping of collections.
• Working to increase the profile of clients and their products through the execution of brand activation events and campaigns, requiring a strong knowledge of the brands and their products. • Assisting in the set-up and implementation of events such as the DONT WALK Charity Fashion Show, Tennent’s Trade Show at Murrayfield Stadium and the launch of the new Tennent’s Story Heritage Centre. • Tsingtao City Tour - promoting Tsingtao’s products and brand on a nationwide city tour through stock drops and brand activations, working alongside venues to organise activations that will be effective within the target market and on-brand. While in Liverpool, we executed some guerrilla marketing activations across the city, including at Liverpool Pride and Crosby Beach; putting the unfamiliar in familiar spaces to grab the attention of potential customers and stockists. • Menabrea Sampling Tour - promoting Menabrea as a product and brand through sampling events at relevant bars and restaurants across the UK. • Assisting in the creation of promotional packages and products to be sent out for PR purposes for brands such as Orchard Pig as they launched their new pink cider.
• Contacted companies regarding sponsorship for an upcoming event • Updated buyer and wholesale databases • Scouted locations for LFW events and shows
• The executive director of the largest student-run charitable event in Glasgow, guiding the creative & strategic vision for our year-long project, which culminated in our annual event, FLVX, attended by approximately 1000 guests at SWG3. • Pushed the creative and innovative boundaries of GUCFS to further our philanthropic efforts and provide professional opportunities for students • Responsible for a team of over 120 (Executive Committee, Brand Ambassadors, Models, Fundraisers & Volunteers) • Managed, directed and motivated teams over the course of a year covering PR, marketing, finance, sponsorship, events, production, operations, creative and fundraising. • Increased ticket sales, with 3x as many VIP ticket ballot entries received than the previous year, and all standard ticket releases selling out in under an hour. Our most attended event to date. • Winner of 'Club or Society of the Year' at the UofG Volunteering, Clubs & Society Awards, personally shortlisted for the 'Outstanding Contribution to a Club or Society' award. • Expanded our society by opening up Membership to the entire student body • Launched our Diversity & Identity campaign, celebrating diversity on our campus and across Glasgow • Launched 'Stay Warm Stay Safe,' an overnight event in the iconic UofG cloisters to raise awareness of hypothermia on the streets • Produced high-quality content in the form of graphics, gifs and videos throughout the year, increasing engagement and reach across all social media channels. • Increased our charitable donation total by 53.6% from the previous year, raising £34,130.79 • Decided by a public vote, our donation was split to help three key initiatives by Simon Community Scotland: Street Reads, Street Change and Street Lifestyles. "FLVX was a stunning event, set apart by an incredible dedication to theme and quality that made for an engaging, entertaining, and enlightening event" - Glasgow Guardian
• Organised and hosted brand activations and events on campus to increase the profile of Seed's client brands and their products • Worked with societies to provide fun additions to their events and socials, including the gifting of branded products and prizes • Worked alongside the Market Research company, PSEUDO, to organise and execute a market research session regarding the development of an app aimed at students • Ran social media accounts for Seed's client brands on campus
• Administrative tasks such as updating contact databases and online portfolios • Assisting at castings with brands such as ASOS • Assisting with the booking process • Managing Open Castings at the agency: greeting people, taking initial photographs and providing information on the agency
Ensured the smooth running of awards throughout Graduate Fashion Week 2017 including the David Band Textiles Award, the Stand Award, Catwalk selection and the prestigious Debenhams Menswear Award. One of my main responsibilities was to make sure the judging process was completed smoothly within given timeframes. Other responsibilities included assisting backstage at the Swarovski International Catwalk Show and helping the executive committee with matters such as seating plans and greeting VIP guests and judges.
Raised £3,257.65 for Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity GUCFS Jailbreak is a fundraising initiative presented by Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show (GUCFS). Teams are sent on a mission to get as far away from Glasgow as possible in 36 hours without spending ANY of their own money on transport. • Launched Glasgow's first major Jailbreak event in aid of Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity • Led a team to organise all aspects of the event • Worked with the Student Jailbreak tracking system to provide an interactive experience for both participants and viewers • Worked closely with Glasgow University Union to provide LIVE tracking throughout the event and host an after-party • Was the main point of contact during the event for 16 participants, working to make sure they were safe at all times • In the three years since its founding, GUCFS Jailbreak alone has raised over £13,800
• The administrative lead of the 2017/18 project, with a focus on development; identifying opportunities for GUCFS's growth both internally and externally • Managed a team of 75 Committee Members, Models & Brand Ambassadors • Executive society office-bearer, playing an integral role in the organisation of FOCUS 2018 • Advised the GUCFS Committee and any executive decisions in all aspects of the society - creative, finance, marketing, production, PR, sponsorship, fundraising • Developed the society and it's presence on campus, establishing relationships with campus-bodies and societies • Encouraged all members of the society (Committee, Brand Ambassadors, Models) to be creative in organising their own fundraising initiatives, raising over £5000 in individual fundraising initiatives alone • Founded & led a sub-committee to organise the inaugural GUCFS Jailbreak Event • Established and maintained relationships with international sponsors such as Red Bull and the Nestle Academy • Managed VIP & Society tickets and oversaw the collection of wristbands • Completed a bungee jump in aid of Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity, raising over £400 • Volunteered at the Royal Hospital for Children at a craft event run by GUCFS • Raised £22,224.02 for Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity
• Helped establish the true Student brand in Glasgow, working full-time at points in the run up to the opening of its first Glasgow student accommodation site • Planned and implemented marketing campaigns & events effective to the student target market • Managing all social media accounts and writing blog posts • Managing the "Pop Up" showroom (including opening and locking up) • Running viewings within the showroom & confirming room bookings • Assisting on the development of the gym, cafe & recreational spaces within the West End site • Being a face for the brand, attending Open Day events at universities to promote true Student
• Created a portfolio for potential designers featuring GUCFS' previous work • Researched and approached potential designers that aligned with our creative vision • Maintained relationships with designers • Assisted with the scouting of models & casting process • Helped organise, control and attend all creative campaigns & events • Worked closely with the Creative Director on all creative aspects of the project • Styled womenswear & unisex shoots and the fashion show • Ensured the creative and innovative vision of 'Horizon' was carried throughout GUCFS17 • Obtained quotes for shipping/laundering/insurance • Wrote up agreements regarding the loan of garments • Directed a team of dressers & models, ensuring the show ran smoothly • Completed a 10,000ft Skydive in aid of SAMH, personally raising over £900 • Led a bucket collection within my local Tesco store • Attended the Walk a Mile Event with Sir Chris Hoy at Murrayfield Stadium, raising awareness of mental health and the importance of talking • Raised £16,050.11 for the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH)
• Attended weekly meetings with the marketing & executive teams, working closely with the President, Secretary and Director of Marketing. • Successfully marketed GUCFS events and campaigns across campus and online via social media. • Promoted the GUCFS Society ticket deal to society and campus contacts, successfully securing multiple deals. • Worked collaboratively with other GUCFS Brand Ambassadors, Committee members and Models to raise funds and awareness for Teenage Cancer Trust. • Supported the GUCFS Committee throughout the year (e.g. fundraising, at events, flyering and PR). • Contributed to the smooth-running of the UNLEASHED 2016 VIP pre-party as an usher, assisting with goodie bags, table plans and efficient movement of guests within the event. • Was an active member of GUCFS; supporting all campaigns, attending events and working closely with the rest of the society, which led to my development within the society. • Raised £10,129 for Teenage Cancer Trust
• Assisting when in Paris during and in the run up to high-profile events such as the annual Queen's Birthday Party held at the British Ambassador's Residence in Paris. • I assisted the events team on matters such as seating plans, sending invites and translating, alongside other organisational tasks, but also on the floor during events. • This role involved a great level of professionalism, cultural awareness and understanding.
• Received a first-class grade in my dissertation and other prominent pieces of coursework • Additional modules studied include Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Sociology and Italian
Awarded to Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show during my term as President
Nominated for my contribution to Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show
Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show nominated during my term as President
Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show nominated during my term as President