I'm a qualified journalist and Casting Researcher/Assistant Producer my experience includes casting; working with vulnerable contributors and dealing with sensitive subject matters; working with talent; identifying and developing storylines; writing biogs and question writing for interviews; fact-checking; archive research and working with primary historical sources; foreign filming; data wrangling and transcribing.
- NCTJ Film Documentary Project'The Sexualisation Of Women Through The Media and Advertisement' is one of a two part short-form documentary I made for my NCTJ film documentary project. The two documentaries briefly explore sexualisation and female empowerment, via piece to camera interviews and vox pops with Feminists Fight Back, Pandora’s Box, photojournalist Yasmine Akin and members of the public.
- NCTJ Radio ProjectFor my NCTJ Radio Journalism module, myself and peers were asked to put together radio packages surrounding the general elections, I decided to focus my package on the impartiality of broadcasters though audio recorded interviews with Anti-racism campaigner, Maz Saleem, and ex-broadcaster Paul Cannon.
- Film Documentary Project'The empowerment of women' is the second part of the two-part short-form documentary I made for my NCTJ film documentary project that explores, empowerment and the female gaze through piece to camera interviews. The documentary is essentially an ongoing conversation with women of different ages, backgrounds and walks of life a touching upon what makes them feel empowered as a woman.
- ComicommunityComicommunity is a BFI and Limelight nominated short-form factual entertainment documentary produced, edited and graded by myself and film students Ahmed Ishaque and Tani Sokoya. The short doc investigates the relationship between comic books, their readers and the commonalities between the average man and woman and the growing number of comic book hero’s and villains.
ArtistSonic Arts Network
- Amsterdam, NetherlandsFreelance
I worked on and performed at the Sonic Act's Festival for Jamila Johnson-Small and Phoebe Collings-James piece Sounds 4 Survival a multidisciplinary dance, poetry and sound project exploring and redefining the black female gaze and giving agency and transparency to black female and womxn bodies.
Casting ResearcherChalkboard TV
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Murder Mystery and My Family is a BBC One Historical documentary series that explores historic criminal cases which are re-examined by criminal barristers Jeremy Dein and Sasha Wass, and retired judge David Radford. Each episode follows the family members of a person convicted of a serious crime such as murder as they explore the case that was made against their relative. I worked on series two of Murder Mystery and My Family as a Casting Researcher, I cast, researched and pitched a multitude of stories for BBC One Historical Documentary series, alongside sourcing props, experts and locations for each individual case and assisting the Production Manager and Co-ordinator with releases, location relationships and general logging.
+ Show more
- Audio and Video Editing
- Team Collaboration
- News Photojournalism
- Filming Video Editting
- Presenting Pitching Ideas
- Magazine Journalism
- Journalism Writing
- Premier Pro Final Cut Pro
News PresentingBauer Media
- Golden Square, Lal Bagh Main Rd, Sudhama Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560027, India
Attended a two-weekend refresher short courses with Magic FM. Produced, edited and presented local and national news for a radio package and presenter links. Package and links available on request.
NCTJ in Multimedia JournalismLambeth College
- 45 Clapham Common South Side, London SW4 9BL, UK
Media law, court reporting, news reporting, sub-editing, radio journalism, film documentary, shorthand and public affairs.
+ Show more