I have 4 years of experience in content creation and creative direction from running SUBCULTURED Magazine - a fashion, art, music and student culture publication and working in the Content/Editorial department of MATCHESFASHION.COM.
Founder, editor-in-chief and creative director of SUBCULTURED - a fashion, art, music and student culture publication at the University of Surrey (subculturedmag.com, issuu.com/subculturedmag) - Overseeing all divisions of the publication (editorial, photography, PR/marketing, art/design, business/finance, events, videography) - Delegating and communicating with team members to ensure tasks are being carried out efficiently - Assisting with tasks in all divisions, such as; reviewing articles, directing photo-shoots, overseeing marketing campaigns, devising/implementing social media strategies, overseeing layout/design of the publication/website, financial budgeting, staff recruitment
Assisted the various teams (Features, Design, Bookings/Production, Video, Social Media and Daily Content, Fashion Market and Fashion) within the Global Content department. Tasks included: - Assisting the senior fashion features editor in interviewee research and transcribing interviews - Writing features for The Style Report - Acting as the interim Pictures Editor – researched and requested press imagery for features and bought high-res images from stock photo sites - Designing @matchesfashion Instagram Stories, banners and graphics for the website using Adobe Photoshop - Assisting with producing photo-shoots (e.g. compiling call sheets) - Using Adobe Premiere Pro to assist in creating social video teasers for feature with House of Cards star, Robin Wright - Creating social media content for @matchesfashion accounts (copy for Twitter and Facebook, Pinterest boards) - Analysing and recording social media statistics using Dash Hudson - Building daily content features on the MATCHESFASHION.COM app using content-management system Contentful - Writing brand descriptions for designer landing pages - Assisting with compiling content for email newsletters - Carrying out call-ins and returns for fashion shoots - Assisting on still life shoots and fashion shoots with tastemakers including fashion editor Donna Wallace, stylist Rebecca Corbin-Murray and nutritionist Rosemary Ferguson - Assisting with the scheduling of podcast content for MATCHESFASHION.COM concept store at Mayfair’s Carlos Place - Researching cultural events and video ideas for features
- Providing campus tours and representing my degree faculty on University of Surrey applicant/open days - Representing and promoting the university at external events, such as Higher Education fairs - Conducting Instagram takeovers on student life for @uniofsurrey - Writing blog content for https://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/
- Assisted casting directors Megan McCluskie and Shelley Durkan (September 2015) for several LFW shows (February and September 2015) - Photographed headshots of over 200 models and filed them to the system database - Edited show model boards - Created and filed model show packages - Liaised with model agencies for model confirmations - Chased models for castings and show call-times - Worked backstage at each show assisting with the model line-up
- Managed, scheduled and created content for the brand's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts - Developed social media strategies to build and engage the audience - Scouted locations, casted models and styled outfits for social media campaign photo-shoot - Used Photoshop to create graphics and animated GIFs for online content - Issued invitations to bloggers for an exclusive Vecchio Vintage event
- Researched photographers for model test-shoots using magazines and the Internet - Updated model portfolios on the system database - Created and assigned labels to model card packages to send out to prospective clients
- Applied my knowledge of English to assist students (5-16 year olds) with classwork and homework - Tutored multiple students per session; addressing questions and reviewing work - Worked one-to-one with GCSE/higher level students to improve their English skills - Recorded students' progress on a weekly basis and gave feedback to parents
4 week Graphic Design course taught in Spanish. Topics included: Typography, Adobe Creative Suite, Corporate Branding, Graphic Illustration, Creative Photography, Packaging
A unique degree course that allows you to combine various subject disciplines. Majoring in Social Sciences and minoring in Arts. Modules include: Social Sciences: Psychology, Marketing Communications, Entrepreneurship and Business Planning, Managerial Decision Making, Sociology of the Arts, Internet and Society, Cultures of Race and Racism Arts: Spanish Language/Translation/Sociolinguistics, Screenwriting, Creative Writing Compulsory Course Modules: Preparing for Professional Practice, Dissertation on "The effect of media-related extracurricular activity on the student experience for both authors and audiences"
- Selected out of 3500 applicants to attend a two-day event at One World Trade Center, New York City, attending master classes and workshops from various fashion industry professionals including Teen Vogue editor-in-chief Elaine Welteroth, Aliza Licht (head of PR at DKNY), Michelle Phan (YouTube blogger) & Brian Phillips (President at Black Frame PR)