Rebecca is a highly creative multi-disciplinary designer specialising in graphics (branding & artwork), print, illustration and womenswear design for luxury ready-to-wear brands. Rebecca currently works in the Fashion and Textile industry as a Print Designer for DAKS Simpson. She is a native Londoner, residing in Essex, England. As a recently promoted Print Designer for a leading luxury heritage RTW brand, Rebecca has gained experience in coming up with seasonal prints/graphics and assisting with the production of seasonal concepts. Rebecca has an excellent ability to create unique illustrative or graphic prints that draw inspiration from unique starting points and incorporates elements of the brands heritage/identity. These prints are then developed into print, knit, jacquard and embroidery details for the RTW and LFW show collections. Rebecca has a love for bold colours and intricate detailing. She prides herself in her patience when illustrating and ability to create forward thinking designs with a high level of detail. Her prints have a feminine, yet commercial edge which manages to encapsulate both new trends and the brands heritage, resulting in new and unique print stories.
- THE BANKER & THE BALLERINA PORTFOLIOLightly reflecting on the life of my twin sister, a ballerina as a child and an economic major to date as well as my love for costume and history I have created an opulent, empowering vegan collection inspired by Art Deco’s finest. Art Deco is one of the most incredibly stimulating forms of design, due to the craftsmanship, detail and rich texture that goes into fabricating every aspect of it. On the search for a concept within the art deco era of 1908 to 1935 I came across one of the most sensa
- THE BANKER & THE BALLERINALightly reflecting on the life of my twin sister, a ballerina as a child and an economic major to date as well as my love for costume and history I have created an opulent, empowering vegan collection inspired by Art Deco’s finest. Art Deco is one of the most incredibly stimulating forms of design, due to the craftsmanship, detail and rich texture that goes into fabricating every aspect of it. On the search for a concept within the art deco era of 1908 to 1935 I came across one of the most sensa
- GRADUATE FASHION WEEK 2018Nottingham Trent University graduate Rebecca Lennox collection 'The Banker & The Ballerina' showcasing in London 2018 and the The Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane. Music: Sunset Lover by Petite Biscuit This collection video is for my website use only. https://rebeccalennox.weebly.com/ About the collection: Inspired by my twin sister, a ballerina as a child and an economic major to date. My collection draws inspiration from the Russian heritage of 'The Ballet Russe' and the androgynous styl
Print DesignerDAKS Simpson
London, United KingdomFull Time
As a part of the DAKS design team and as Print Designer I am required to support the production of seasonal concepts with clear and accurate guidelines under the guidance of the Creative Director. Each season I support the design team by undertaking general research, assisting with development of concepts and men’s/women’s design categories. Also, the managing the development of the main collection's seasonal men's/women's prints (including checks, transfigure check development, concept driven prints and nativity prints). In addition, undertaking the development of our bridging brand 'DAKS 10' print collection, as well as, developing the DAKS 10 womenswear collection. On top of this, the development of all seasonal Graphics/Motifs for both DAKS mainline and DAKS 10. Finally, the development of men's/women's handkerchief designs, foulard designs and preparing the seasonal print book for our licensees.
Design AssistantDAKS Simpson
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Supported the design team to produce creative ideas in a professional manner whilst working closely to a critical path and meeting all design challenges without hesitation. This includes undertaking general/archive research, development of concepts, selection of seasonal colour palette and men’s/women’s design categories. Also, undertaking the development of seasonal motifs, graphics and print including logo ‘DD’ prints, advertising graphics, social media illustrations and children’s motifs/prints. Supported the PR and Marketing team by assisting with the organisation of press events and collaborative project idea developments. In addition, supported the Graphic Design team with design, branding and launch of a new bridging brand for the East Asian market, called DAKS 10.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Textile art
- Textile Design
- Abelton Live
- Branding Design
- CAD Design
BA (Hons) Fashion DesignNottingham Trent Univeristy
- Nottingham, United Kingdom
Activities: Final Major Project, Research, Design Development, Sampling, Pattern Cutting, Manufacture, Print Design, Textile Design, Competition Design Project, Dissertation.
+ Show more