You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
A positive, dynamic and highly accomplished all-round project manager, with far-reaching, in-depth and varied experience across all media sectors. Strong background in media, training and empowering youth, charities and community groups to create compelling media content and communications. Excellent partnership and networking proficiencies. Recognised as a creative, highly organised, efficient and self-motivated individual, with vision, clarity and high-level strategic and collaborative capabilities. Currently looking for a new challenge to broaden horizons, learn new skills and move up the career ladder.
• Responsible for set up and running of pop-up studio style photo booths and bespoke photographic installations at a range of events, including: brand experiences and experiential activations, corporate parties such as Google and Thompson Reuters, in store promotions, festivals, awards ceremonies and weddings
Responsible for the development, seamless and timely management of a range of complex youth and community media schemes. Received promotion to see through a range of project lifecycles, from start to finish: Creativity Works: Multimedia Genius Training • Responsible for the set-up, recruitment, coordination and delivery of this 12-week practical media training and employability scheme for disadvantaged young Londoners • Ensuring the smooth delivery of masterclasses and workshops run by top creative professionals and media companies such as: ITN, Turner and UKTV • Established and managed a key partnership with Oath, who provided the young people with mentors and actual media content briefs. The young people’s vlog reaction pieces, articles and blogs were published on The Huffington Post website and Yahoo! News • Oversaw a brief set out by the BBC, which asked the young people to produce short videos highlighting Barak Obama’s presidency. These were screened at a special event held at Broadcasting House • Prepared a young person to be filmed and interviewed by BBC reporter, Alpa Patel, about issues concerning young people in the run-up to the general elections. Provided the young person media training in how to deliver key messages, interviewing techniques and confidence to appear on screen. The video was shared on BBC London’s Facebook page London360 • Worked closely alongside the Executive Producer, Jasmine Dotiwala, to manage a team of reporters and the daily editorial operations of youth media brand, London360: a compelling, grassroots community-focused news and magazine show, and London Undercover: a series of half-hour documentaries, broadcast on London Live and Community Channel • Supported the journalists with the construction of their features, reviewing narratives, story structure and rough-edits. Reviewed each show before going to air. Checked compliance and ensured OFCOM regulations were adhered to • Oversaw the development of a new project website and took charge of its maintenance • Supported the reporters to speak confidently London360 content and Media Trust’s key messages when promoting the TV show on BBC London Radio, Westside FM, London Live and Sky News • Compiled and edited a project highlights video, which was screened at a celebration event held at the Houses of Commons • Managed relationships with top media executives, commissioners, editors, CEOs, and media professionals to provide training and mentoring, including: The Guardian, VICE UK, Google, and BBC • Oversaw all aspects of project management: devising timelines, monitoring KPIs and targets, reporting, analysing impact, developing fundraising bids, and writing evaluations for the project funders and key stakeholders Do #SomethingBrilliant & Brilliant Arts • Set-up and facilitated a string of video production and social media campaign workshops as part of Community Channel’s digital and broadcast initiatives: Do #SomethingBrilliant and Brilliant Arts • Empowered and supported charities and community groups to create media campaigns and key messages to enhance their visibility, market their services, raise funds and generate awareness about their causes Global360 • Manager of Media Trust’s first global project; a filmmaking challenge, broadcast TV and online season; telling the stories of how international aid is helping to change lives in India • Sourced and supported young filmmakers across India, and provided them access to creative mentors; managing these relationships remotely • Worked closely with Media Trust’s PR team to construct press releases for Asian media outlets. This included coverage in Asian Image and Biz Asia • Established key partnerships with the Global Poverty Project, the London Asian Film Festival to help distribute content • Executive Producer of three-part TV series: India Unplugged, fronted by BBC presenter: Tina Daheley. Compiled scripts and oversaw production
• Jointly responsible for the governance and overseeing the charity’s affairs, policies and procedures, business planning, finances, shaping budgets, staffing issues and designing the charity’s annual report, using Adobe In-Design VOLUNTARY
• Rolled out a number of accredited 'introduction to radio production' courses, for young people aged 18-25
• Engaged with local press to cover events and generate awareness on ending violence towards women and girls • Arranged for a loca journalist to present the screening of From Fear to Freedom and a panel discussion, broadcast live on Nepal’s leading television channel: NTV VOLUNTARY
• Coordinated the Camden, Youth, Action! community / youth-led film screening event, supported by the Amy Winehouse Foundation. Oversaw all aspects of project management: partnership agreements, budgets, event management, publicity and reporting. Acted as first point of call for special guest: Mitch and Janis Winehouse
• Launched a new, functional ecommerce website within agreed timeframe and budget. Provided a platform to showcase a wide range of dental products to a global audience, thus increasing sale potential • Designed exhibition and tradeshow stands. Created eye-catching branding boards and promotional materials • Set-up new communications strategies such as audio branding and increased the company’s social media presence • Devised marketing materials and e-newsletters using Mailchimp. Monitored website analytics to further develop and steer the digital media and marketing strategies
• Rolled out activities around development awareness and the Millennium Development Goals • Supported a live telethon in aid of BRAC UK’s campaign, Vision Bangladesh, on Bangladeshi TV station: Channel S • Co-author of the Beyond Boundaries Resource Pack for Global Youth Workers
• Managed On Road youth magazines, film projects and social media events. Responsible for project template, recruiting and training young journalists. Oversaw the production of the magazine; managing suppliers • Contributed towards the coverage of the magazine within local newspapers and community radio stations: creating strong relations with local journalists and media companies. Provided press statements on the project’s impact for local online publication: Fitzrovia News
Fully planned and facilitated, for 13 – 25 year olds, several Introduction to Journalism courses