20 years of design experience in a variety of industries and agency positions have made me a more full rounded creative. I'm happy both as part of a team or leading experiences, managing the expectations of shareholders. I'm a big fan of complexity reduction and work hard to try and keep things as simple as possible. "The question of whether design is necessary of affordable is besides the point. Design is inevitable. The alternative to designing something properly is bad design design, not no design at all."
- Life Assist appThis project was software built in conjunction with Dr Matthew Bennion. Initially the project was created to prove the links between technology and the improvement of cognitive reaction in Alzheimer's patiences. This research is on going and forms a large research initiative which is striving to create a better quality of life. An off shoot of the project was the creation an app that would keep all medical data, fitness app, calendar based booking and prompts for users to take medication. This w
- Activity MapInitial research and data gathering sprints were run to cover any and all needs for the project. This was run simultaneously with customers in the form of focus groups and local property experts to make sure we had alignment. From this insight we progressed to ideations around the specific issues based around the functionality and use of the application. A higher fidelity version of the prototype was then created with minor transitions in-place to create a more true-to-life version for more test
- Design Language PurplebricksBuilding the design language based around print based documents and pushing it forward to work on things like Abstract and distribution sites such as Frontify. Adding and refining new items as the need arrives for them through a Design Council to decide if they are needed, can we adapt something else, does the need for a new item out-way using an older version etc. And of-course, versioning control so everyone always has the right version of the right asset
- Des//devA process of getting designer and developers understanding and appreciating each others part in the digital story. Before anything is build it has to be designed but that doesn't just design, it means how the construct works and vice versa. Building also needs the designer to guide interactivity and direction. The synergy is very important and I'm working with my teams under the banner des//dev to make this better and publish the findings.
+ View all
UX/UI/Digital DesignerPurple bricks
Solihull, United KingdomFull Time
• Managing all aspects of digital design for the ‘mobile first’ orientated website and app • Responsible for maintaining Google Analytics account and tagging • Managing the needs of the company against the findings of customer research • Developing all aspects of the app and how it works with the customer • Customer research and building business cases • Research through focus groups, customer feedback sessions and A/B testing • Creating prototypes to test with small groups then recording feedback • Creating and maintaining Global Experience Language • Monitoring design results through performance • Implementing briefs and distributing to the Development teams • Liaising with AUS and US teams to create constant design style • Constant design research
Lead CreativeJones Bootmaker / Brantano
- Hinckley, United KingdomFull Time
• Managing all aspects of design including print, banners / brand / interactive and web design. • Managing my team, 1x Photographer, 2x Artworkers and 3x Developer • All online advertising and all site updates including affiliates • Creating highly affective responses to online advertising within social media • Finding new effective medias to buy and apply to enhance sales • Managing design briefs • Implementing CSS, JAVA and HTML scripts, codes and widgets • Creating all online media in accordance with Brand guidelines and making sure all media conforms to this (Brand management) • Working with various other team members to create internal communication tools • Updating design and content constantly to improve impact • Maintaining working budget and making sure we came in on target (or under). • UX & UI consideration and integration into design and site fabric
+ Show more
- Abobe Illustrator
- Html CSS
- Web Design
- Marketing Strategy
- Project Management
- Brand Strategy
- Time Management
BA (hons) Graphic CommunicationWolverhampton University
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
All aspects of Graphic Design and the theory behind what makes good design good design. Exploring various medias from digital to letraset, photography to life skills.