Highly professional journalist and production coordinator with 15 years demonstrable editorial and administration skills, while delivering market perspective and leadership insights. Experience working in multimedia environment, broadcast, integration systems, live productions and managing budgets. A flexible internet all-rounder and strong team member with a key interest in creativity, qualitative and quantitative work. Good communicator, multilingual – English, Portuguese and Italian - enthusiastic and positive individual who works with deadlines and keeps cool under pressure. ⎫ Manages and coordinates teams: Proven ability to mentor, to coordinate, train and to develop people within the organisation; ⎫ Proven experience in integrating projects: Encompassing complex productions, multimedia platforms and live coverages; ⎫ Highly adaptable: The ability to adjust to international environments, fully flexible for business travel and experience working internationally - Brazil, Portugal, Greece, Italy, UK; ⎫ Proficient in the use of software packages: Microsoft Office, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Photoshop etc; ⎫ Multilingual: Fluent in English, Portuguese [native] and ItalianLocked Pro Plan feature
• Managed a team of 4 journalists working in UK, Portugal and Brazil, researching, producing, writing and adapting stories to create original material for different platforms (text, video and podcast); • Proofread 3 times more stories after starting working in different time zones – UK and Brazil; • Planned the staff rota, booking arline tickets, hotel, budgets, invoices and copywriting; • Designed and managed projects and internal campaigns to tight deadlines; • Developed and customised the SEO into the company’s CMS platform, increasing the research capacity and offered clients 3 categories – audio, video and text - to help widen their audience; • Negotiated new deals with existing clients and commercial partners to improve the customer portfolio revenue by 16% in 2015 and 22% in 2016; • Created and managed the social media outlets - Twitter, Facebook and YouTube - to expand the organisation’s profile across digital/online platforms.
• Worked at the reception desk, answering calls, letting staff into the building; • Organised the stock, meetings, filing documents, operating copying machines; • Booked airline tickets, hotels and general duties, such as travel expenses, petty cash, etc; • Suggested new ideas to create an online database to keep clients’ folders; • Planned the staff rota, liaising with contractors, updating health and safety, electrical and gas certificates into the system, fire risk assessment files, maintenance spreadsheets, etc; • Reduced administration costs 25% by negotiating pricing and fees strategically with suppliers.
• Translated over 15 stories from English into Portuguese per day (compared to average of 7-10 for other producers) always following editorial guidelines and principles; • Formulated the new CMS system and integrated it with the client’s homepage, improving delivery and increasing quality and speed of publication; • Hosted live shows online, reporting entirely unscripted, from events like Notting Hill Carnival, Wireless Festival, BST Hyde Park, etc; • Increased the digital video production VO by 50% per day, offering to clients new products, such as Film and Music feed in Brazilian Portuguese and also in European Portuguese; • Advanced shooting skills using DSLR and DV cams and basic editing on professional standards; • Good knowledge of the UK and Brazil helping production of special content in both places in partnership with TVs and online channels; • Rated with “breakthrough achievements” by management on first annual performance review.
• Introduced the Brazilian editorial way of producing/editing entertainment shows - using subtitles and alerts on screen - in a Portuguese production; • Coordinated brainstorming meetings, petty cash and general production's accountant; • Booked airline tickets, hotels and managed travel budget and expenses; • Proofread comedy sketches, scripts and increased the number of pre-recorded productions; • Implemented the fast edition using Premiere Pro, changing the style of the show; • Good knowledge of control room environment and using digital video cameras; • Built up from scratch and effectively managed relationships with PR agencies, sponsors, freelancers and audience. • Reporting copyrights, ensuring payments such as music ECAD, authors, contributors, suppliers and general invoices are paid. • Researching footage from the TV libraries, ordering material from the archives, uploading raw footage into the robot server, etc; • Providing descriptive metadata such as keywords, time-codes and content description to catalogue the final material into the libraries;
• Wrote and edited news and bulletins about different subjects; • Experience producing and supervising scrips for live programmes in different locations; • Booked airline tickets, hotels and managed travel budget and expenses; • Produced and covered concerts, festivals and press conferences in the field; • Good knowledge of control room environment and operating equipments; • Researching footage from the TV libraries, ordering material from the archives, uploading raw footage into the robot server etc; • Assessing images to find subject matter to construct new clips; • Providing descriptive metadata such as keywords, time-codes and content description to cataloguing the final material into the libraries; Reporting copyrights to ensure ECAD, authors and suppliers are paid
Awarded prestigious research scholarship from Erasmus
Graduated with academic distinction