Highly-motivated Journalism graduate with several years experience in creative, broadcast and communication led roles; previously working within news teams, collectives and radio stations to produce engaging shows, written/audio features, copy, social media posts/images and PR packages. Currently have monthly DJ/radio residencies on Half Moon, Foundation FM and Reform Radio.
- Music4castMusic4cast is a monthly radio show that I produce and present. Starting as a YouTube series in 2017, it moved to a Mixcloud Select show in 2020 before being picked up by Foundation FM at the start of 2021. It highlights the best in the UK's Black music scenes, platforming the biggest releases, up and coming artists and those located outside the capital and the most established in the scenes. Previous shows have charted globally on Mixcloud's global charts.
- The Warehouse Project X Highsnobiety coverageI created pre and post show coverage for The WareHouse Project X Highsnobiety 7th December show. Using Adobe Audition, Premier Pro and Photoshop I made images and an audio ad to be posted as content on my collectives (Behind It All Network) Instagram and to be played on air during the Behind It All Foundation FM show.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
London, United KingdomPart Time
• Writing scripts and pre-recording links in the studio, ensuring alignment with station values, targeting of intended audiences and culturally relevant when broadcast. • Producing live shows, driving the desk. • Using Adobe Audition to edit audio for broadcast. • Supporting office in administrative roles: uploading shows online using brand voice for accompanying copy.
Radio PresenterFoundation FM
- London, United KingdomFreelance
• Co-presented "The Catch Up with Behind It All" bi-weekly on Foundation FM. • Planned and researched content for the show prior to presenting content live on air with positivity and enthusiasm. • Liaised with PR representatives from external companies to secure press passes and cover events. • Used developed communication and interviewing skills with guests.
+ Show more
- Radio Presenting
- Content Creator
- Social Media
- Adobe Creative Suite
Journalism DegreeDe Montfort University
- Leicester, United Kingdom
• Graduated with First Class Honours • Achieved NCTJ qualifications in Media Law, Court Reporting, Ethics, Essential Journalism, Sub-editing and Design and Public Affairs. • Excelled in Broadcast Journalism, a module centred around creating audio and visual packages for broadcast, using Adobe Audition and Premiere Pro to edit pieces. • Found and followed up news stories on a weekly basis, conducted interviews in person and over the phone. • Worked in news teams to source stories across Leicester city and produce live updates for the course website. • Other modules included: Practical Journalism, Media Law, Sub-Editing and Design.