- The Other Art Fair Bristol 2015Thank you to everyone who made the inaugural edition of The Other Art Fair Bristol such a success. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! With the sun shining over the harbour, visitors stepped into the iconic Arnolfini to discover the work of our 70 talented emerging artists. Encounters Short Film Festival showed screenings of their award-winning films. Elle Kaye led those brave enough to take part in her anthropomorphic mouse taxidermy classes to create their own work of art. Gavin Turk and his educational charity The House of Fairy Tales delighted our younger visitors with magic and fun, whilst renowned Bristol street artists Sickboy launched an exclusive print with Spike Print Studio alongside new works fromTracey Emin and Emin International. Thank you to all of our artists and partners, and of course, thank you to all of the visitors who welcomed us to Bristol with such enthusiasm.
- The Other Art Fair, April 2015Thank you to everyone who came along to the eighth edition of The Other Art Fair. In the stunning Victoria House in the heart of Bloomsbury, the latest edition of the fair presented 130 emerging artists from 14 countries. Once inside the doors of Victoria House, visitors could enjoy a delicious gin and tonic from the Fever-Tree ultimate G&T bar, craft beers from Meantime Brewing Comany and coffee from Monkshood Cafe. Resident Sketch DJ Mathieu Massadian provided the soundtrack for the weekend, whilst The Long Dog Small Plate Restaurant provided fresh tapas each day. Visitors could also take part in the immersive, evolving installation 'A Million Love Songs - The Fever Tree' by past fair artist James Thurgood, or step into 'The Sorting Office', featuring Mark Powell. Guest artist Gavin Turk revealed his new series of work, 'Project Beard', and The House of Fairytales brought some magic to the fair with a series of children's activities, including hat-making, model-building and reporting for the ever popular children’s newspaper, the HoFT Examiner. Thank you to all our visitors, artists and sponsors. See you in Bristol! Photography: elina photography
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- The Other Art FairWoman Print series launched at The Other Art Fair 2017. Process is key to Joanna’s work. Each piece starts as a mixed media collage which Joanna uses to create a monochrome photogram - a darkroom method where the paper template is exposed directly to light. This unpredictable stage unlocks the image creating a vivid abstract silhouette that Joanna then deconstructs and rebuilds by hand using digital paintbrushes. Once the piece is complete, it’s transferred to silk screen and the final limited
- Art on a Postcard Secret Auction at The Other Art Fair 2018 We are very excited to bring to you our first Secret Auction of 2018. Want to own art by Paula Rego, Ben Johnson, Lubaina Himid or John Copeland? Then make sure you get bidding on the 25th March. In Spring 2018 we will be making our debut at The Other Art Fair and taking with us our secret auction. All of the artwork will be on show at The Other Art Fair between 22 - 25 March with an auction taking place both live and online simultaneously on the Sunday. A list of artists will be circulated p2
- The Hoxton Hotel x The Other Art Fair | Erin Aniker IllustrationThe Hoxton Hotel x The Other Art Fair March 2019 Protest & Power poster workshop at The Hoxton Hotel in collaboration with The Other Art Fair, encouraging you to create and take home your very own feminist poster design! "The workshop is open to people of all drawing abilities. For those less confident drawers, there will be a variety of black and white poster templates featuring Aniker's illustrations of feminist icons for you to embellish using provided art materials. They'll feature renow
+ Show more