A dedicated and enthusiastic student with a strong background in public facing roles to a premium standard. I am looking for relevant work experience to take alongside my university studies to help prepare myself for a thriving and creative career in editorial.
- Committee Secretary for the Coppafeel! Society at Cardiff University - Ensuring that meetings are effectively organised and minuted. - Maintaining administration, preparing reports and keeping a record of activities. - Ensuring efficient communication and correspondence. - Involved in planning events and fundraisers, raising enough donations to reach the top of the UK leaderboard.
- Deputy Editor to Quench Magazine's online supplement, Q3. - Responsible for editing, organising and managing one of the university magazines. - Meeting tight deadlines and commissioning creatively thought articles based on carefully selected themes for our reading audience (Currently working on ’Bad Feminists‘). - Research new article ideas as well as editing, and proof-reading submissions. - In the process of developing a podcast series.
- Organise ‘hotspots’ and events around the campus to promote different charities and awareness weeks such as Times Up. - I offer a hand to vulnerable students who might want someone to talk to and some advice as well as active engagement in university conferences and filming.
- Working with the Editors of Education Technology, University Business, Independent Education and Bristol Property Live magazines for one week. - Proof-read articles using mark-up technique and completing final checks of magazine against pagination sheets before submitting to print. - Attended editorial meetings. - Contacted businesses on behalf of the Editor via telephone and email - Pitched articles for print, some of which will be included in the coming issues. - Wrote articles for print and online.
- Shadowing Editor-in-Chief for a week in November. - Writing up features and property advertisements to be published in print. - Edited and proofread articles written by the team. - Worked with the Design team one morning and created a page spread using inDesign.
- Immersed in the day-to-day routines of a publishing house and they explained to us the importance of each department, how they run and intersect. - Departments introduced to: Editorial, Rights, Human Resources, Talent Acquisitions, and Design.
- Start up business combing social media with movies. - Responsible for gathering data, understanding potential early adopters of the app. - Conducting interviews and reaching market objectives working alongside the CEO and CFO.
- Premium level customer service. - Maintained professional communication skills through customer service and business correspondence. - Met monetary targets regularly which developed my personal drive. - Won several competitions, prizes valued up to £350, and recognition from the CEO for my top performance.