As Arts & Events Coordinator at Bow Arts, I have assisted with the Nunnery Gallery exhibition and event programme for the past 2 years. I have experience in art handling and exhibition curation, often listing with technicians, archivists and visiting curators. My aim is to develop a community focussed programme to engage local people, with a priority on getting young people interested in the arts. As a Creative Producer I have collaborated with various multi-disciplinary arts organisations — including the British Council, Culture 24 and London College of Fashion — and freelance creatives to develop artistic programmes, exploring both physical and digital activity. My previous administrative experiences have seen me work with database management systems including Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Wordpress and Wix. I often assist with the development of marketing and communications campaigns, as well as project budgets and schedules, reporting information back to my seniors and stakeholders. With a background in Illustration, I am well versed in creative content production. I understand the physicality and practicality of materials, while also being highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite. I enjoy communicating and interacting with members of the public, artists and arts professionals alike.
- NUA Illustration stand at New Designers 2017I designed and curated the NUA Illustration stand at New Designers 2017, where I worked with external steel fabricators to produce a series of display structures. Our stall was named “best designed stand” in Gradwatch 2017: New Designers, by Mark Sinclair of the Creative Review.
- A Month at the Venice Art Biennale: Work by British Council FellowsThrough Bow Arts, I was given the opportunity to manage the Venice Biennale exhibition at RAW Labs, in partnership with the British Council. I worked with Laura Broderick of the Visual Arts department to organise and curate the exhibition which took place in February 2018. I coordinated 22 artists, planned the installation, managed the budget and personally curated the work in the space. I dealt with any issues that arose quickly and efficiently, keeping a calm and collected attitude, so as to
- AmpersandThe logogram ‘&’, is a character representing the conjunction word ‘and’. Originating from Latin, ampersand is a ligature of the letters ‘et’. This collaborative exhibition between UEA & NUA is a result of the conjunction of Writing & Illustration. Character & Narrative are constructed through a mutual process of exchange. Text & Image unite the creative pairings of Writer & Illustrator to produce an exhibition of innovative work.
- The LandladyThis series is a cover and 4 inside illustrations based on Roald Dahl's short story 'The Landlady’. Using collage techniques, such as tearing and layering, as well as texture and colour, I aimed to visually depict the twisted nature of the tale. I focussed on illustrating place and atmosphere specifically, as I feel that thisis a key factor in our perception of the story.
- ConstruōCon- (“with”) + struō (“pile up, arrange; build, erect”) This Publish Event was a group show that acted as the culmination of my visual exploration of concrete architecture. As a collective we all used architecture, landscapes and environment as a means to explore an idea. In this collaborative exhibition we orchestrated a two-part workshop entitled ‘Create & Curate’, encouraging audiences to visually dissect existing architectural landscapes, creating their own visual narratives.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
+ Show more
Arts & Events CoordinatorBow Arts
London, United KingdomFull Time
As Arts & Events Coordinator I provide support for Bow Arts’ Arts & Events team, coordinating organisation wide events, exhibitions and other related projects. I am the first point of call for Nunnery Gallery enquiries, including venue hire, retail and partnership opportunities.
- London, United KingdomFreelance
I assisted the ELCAF team with the set-up of the venue, including signing in exhibitors and guiding them to their stalls. I briefed my team of volunteers, and oversaw the selling of tickets and merchandise, handling complaints from exhibitors and customers quickly and efficiently. I looked after the main festival space, including setting-up and facilitating workshops, talks and screenings. I welcomed visitors, promoting events and activities around the festival, communicating any alterations to the schedule clearly and effectively. At the end of the day, I guided the volunteers through the de-installation of the main space, closing the venue and making sure everything was done in time.
+ Show more
- Abobe Indesign/photoshop/illustrator
- Visual Communiation
- Spanish Language
- Event Coordination
- Exhibition Curation
- Communication Skills
BA(Hons) Illustration and Visual CommunicationNorwich University of the arts
- Francis House, 3-7 Redwell St, Norwich NR2 4SN, UK
I received a first-class honours degree in Illustration.
+ Show more
International Images for Science 2016Royal Photographic Society ( RPS)I was shortlisted for the International Images for Science 2016, with my image featured in the catalogue as well as the exhibition itself, which is currently touring the U.K. My work was a visual depiction of Ferrofluid - a magnetic liquid that acts as a solid when in the presence of a magnetic field. It is a visualisation of intangible forces such as magnetism, and how science and art can interact.