I am a highly motivated Arts & Events Coordinator, with over 3 years of arts administration, exhibition and event management experience working in London. Since graduating with a First-class Honours Degree in Illustration, I have worked with a range of multi-faceted organisations including Bow Arts Trust, London College of Fashion, the British Council, Culture 24 and Historic Royal Palaces. I am currently working as Arts & Events Coordinator for Bow Arts, an arts education charity, where I’m responsible for the logistical coordination of the Arts & Events department, supporting the Director with programming, events management and revenue driving. Through managing the Bow Skills artist CPD programme and other public events, I have experience working with partners and freelance creatives to develop artistic programmes, exploring physical and digital activity. I also have practical experience in art handling, installations and curation, liaising with technicians, archivists and visiting curators. With a background in visual communication, I understand the physicality of materials while also being highly proficient in graphic design using the Adobe Creative Suite. I have extensive experience using online databases, CRM and CMS systems including Microsoft Office 365, WordPress, Wix, and Mailchimp to advertise our activities and create detailed reports.
- NUA Illustration stand at New Designers 2017I designed and curated the NUA Illustration stand at New Designers 2017, where I worked with external steel fabricators to produce a series of display structures. Our stall was named “best designed stand” in Gradwatch 2017: New Designers, by Mark Sinclair of the Creative Review.
- A Month at the Venice Art Biennale: Work by British Council FellowsThrough Bow Arts, I was given the opportunity to manage the Venice Biennale exhibition at RAW Labs, in partnership with the British Council. I worked with Laura Broderick of the Visual Arts department to organise and curate the exhibition which took place in February 2018. I coordinated 22 artists, planned the installation, managed the budget and personally curated the work in the space. I dealt with any issues that arose quickly and efficiently, keeping a calm and collected attitude, so as to
+ Show more
Projects credited in
+ Show more
Arts & Events CoordinatorBow Arts
London, United KingdomFull Time
As Arts & Events Coordinator I provide support for Bow Arts’ Arts & Events team, coordinating organisation wide events, exhibitions and other related projects. I am the first point of call for Nunnery Gallery enquiries, including venue hire, retail and partnership opportunities.
- London, United KingdomFreelance
I assisted the ELCAF team with the set-up of the venue, including signing in exhibitors and guiding them to their stalls. I briefed my team of volunteers, and oversaw the selling of tickets and merchandise, handling complaints from exhibitors and customers quickly and efficiently. I looked after the main festival space, including setting-up and facilitating workshops, talks and screenings. I welcomed visitors, promoting events and activities around the festival, communicating any alterations to the schedule clearly and effectively. At the end of the day, I guided the volunteers through the de-installation of the main space, closing the venue and making sure everything was done in time.
+ Show more
- Abobe Indesign/photoshop/illustrator
- Visual Communiation
- Spanish Language
- Event Coordination
- Exhibition Curation
- Communication Skills
BA(Hons) Illustration and Visual CommunicationNorwich University of the arts
- Francis House, 3-7 Redwell St, Norwich NR2 4SN, UK
I received a first-class honours degree in Illustration.
+ Show more
International Images for Science 2016Royal Photographic Society ( RPS)I was shortlisted for the International Images for Science 2016, with my image featured in the catalogue as well as the exhibition itself, which is currently touring the U.K. My work was a visual depiction of Ferrofluid - a magnetic liquid that acts as a solid when in the presence of a magnetic field. It is a visualisation of intangible forces such as magnetism, and how science and art can interact.