- Excellent organisational skills from maintaining mailing lists, and developing and maintaining a database of fundraising contacts - Compiling audience and sales figures, and creating a user friendly template which can be used for end of year reports each year - Copywriting for the Coney website and blog - Event organising for workshops and projects, as well as assisting with the set up of these events - Independently project managing a workshop on making interactive theatre, working to my own initiative and liaising with the team where necessary - Dealing with HMRC to register for gift aid - Registering our associates for DBS checks Booking corporate events, workshop spaces
Skills - Excellent customer service skills from constantly dealing with customer requests, both face to face and by telephone - Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail in order to meet the demands of the job, as our work is constantly monitored - Working with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality as I am constantly handling customers’ personal details, as well as updating details after every customer I serve - Organising and supporting the Society’s many charity events - Meeting strict e-learning and training deadlines - Exceptional numeracy skills - Effectively dealing with customer complaints and following the process through to a resolution - Due to low staffing, I worked many hours during the week, covering holidays, sickness and busy days, in order to support my team and ensure the smooth running of the branch at all times - Remaining calm and in control when working under pressure in the busy ISA season
- A collaborative project between De Montfort University and the theatre in which I was the only first year student involved. - Working with a professional director to a high standard in order to perform to a paying audience - Ability to commit to both rehearsals at the Curve and my degree, by both attending all rehearsals and learning the script as well as meeting coursework deadlines at university
- I developed a strong work ethic and self-starting skills working in door to door sales, as you needed a strong drive in order to succeed in a job with commission based earnings - Positively promoting the charities we were fundraising for and being a good face of the brand - The ability to manage myself as a self employed member of staff with a strong drive to succeed
Oct 2011 – Feb 2012 - Exceptional organisational skills from collating information and creating an electronic filing system of all of the company’s associates and continuously updating this database - Administrative tasks such as data entry, typing up invoices and expense claims, filing paperwork and bank statements, writing letters, booking couriers, and writing and placing orders - An excellent telephone manner as well as a good e-mail etiquette, as I was answering the telephone, taking messages, forwarding calls and also dealing with e-mail correspondence
- Ability to teach and delegate tasks to new staff as well as complete all tasks myself accurately and with no supervision - Good organisational skills - Proficiency on the till, as well as cashing up at the end of the day - Ability to use initiative and take on the smallest of tasks - Can use my communication and organisational skills to deliver a high standard of customer care through dealing with customer enquiries
- A theatre group in which we worked with different practitioners, such as a director, a writer and a producer of modern musicals - Adapting to work with practitioners with different teaching styles, and improved communications from working with a different theatre group each term - Co-producing an original performance called Around the Royal, which was an interactive tour of the theatre, involving researching the history of the theatre before writing the script - Working with a small group of people aged 17-25 and co-producing original performances, often incorporating spoken word, movement and music into our work. - Here, I worked collaboratively and creatively, skills which I took forward into my university career and ultimately helped me gain my 2:1.
- High level of written and spoken English, and the ability to put forward a compelling argument, which I have proved through performances, presentations and written coursework. - Studying and completing my dissertation on film adaptations and adaptation theory - The ability to research effectively, and to be able to reduce my research down to succinct points and present this clearly to a team - Confidence and collaborative skills gained from performances
At the beginning of my gap year I undertook a Level 2 qualification in IT which trained me in the entire Microsoft office suite as well as business writing skills, producing spreadsheets and reports and good presentation skills. I am also proficient on a mac as I currently own one.