I am an enthusiastic and hard working postgraduate with excellent research, analysis and communication skills. I recently completed my Art History MA, specializing in technological change and contemporary lens based artistic practices. I am currently looking for experience in the cultural industries, particularly art galleries and museums. I am keen to build on my client facing skills and also learn more about working in PR and communications within the broader landscape of the art world.
• Generating creative socially sharable content. - Proof reading and editing press releases. - Dealing with press requests. - Sending out press materials and uploading listings. - Contributing ideas to planning, developing, copywriting and brand development. - Creating client reports. - Managing press cuttings. - Research. - Pitching to journalists and following up conversations. - Keeping up to date with new media developments including new publications and social media.
• : Monitoring daily industry news and circulating relevant information to co-workers - Managing press cuttings. - Updating the contact database. - Researching opportunities for client coverage, ranging from interesting local news and events to publication schedules. - Writing entries for the company's daily blog and creating sharable social media content.
Worked from October 2011- June 2012, November 2012- January, October 2013- January 2014, 2013, October 2014- Present • RESPONSIBILITIES: Working effectively within a team. - Providing excellent customer service. - Driving sales.
• RESPONSIBILITIES Hanging artworks and later packing them for collection. - Providing support to Gallery Manager. - Creating publicity materials including emails to the gallery’s client database, social media posts and printed advertisements. - Researching useful contacts. - Answering emails, phone calls and welcoming visitors to the gallery. - Writing press releases for new exhibitions. - Updating client, stock and expenses databases and exhibition contracts. - Proof reading catalogue texts. - Helping set up for private views and liaising with potential buyers.
• RESPONSIBILITIES: Providing administrative support in the Old Master Paintings department. - Organising the Old Master Paintings library. - Filing sale cuttings. - Completing sale cuttings from recent publications. - Collecting items from Catalogue Production. - Research.
• RESPONSIBILITIES: Updating databases and artists’ schedules. - Providing administrative support in the office. - Organising staff and artists’ travel and completing the necessary travel requisition forms. - Answering journalists’ enquiries by telephone and email. - Completing the daily press cuttings. - Researching fact sheets for press releases.
• SKILLS: Presented work to my tutors and peers with clarity, confidence and the relevant technical terminology - Developed high-level research skills including the processing of primary and secondary sources in relation to the study of a wide range of artistic media. - Employed resources including libraries, museums, galleries and archives, as well as communicating with the relevant personnel to further my aims. - Completed long and short-term projects, developing ideas and arguments and articulating them to a high standard in my academic writing. • MODULES: 20th Century Photography and Visual Culture, Instrumental Aesthetics: Contemporary Art and Politics, Art and Travel, Theories and Approaches to Art History, Research Skills and Methods, Dissertation: Dealing with Drones: Artists’ Engagement with the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Late Modern Warfare (Distinction, 84%)
• MODULES: Politics, Art and Culture in Renaissance Florence and Venice, History of the British Isles 1300-1550, The Authority of Nature: Crime, Heredity and Race 1800-1940, History Of the British Isles 1688- 1800, Medieval Europe 1000-1300 (Distinction), Theories of State: Marx, Aristotle, Hobbes and Rousseau (Distinction), World History 1940-1973, Historiography, Disciplines of History, Dissertation: Jewish Identity in Great Britain 1935-1950. • OTHER: Academic Scholarship for performance in Preliminary Examinations, Photographer for The Cherwell, Photography Editor for the Worcester College Yearbook.
Awarded Academic Scholarship for performance in Preliminary examinations