NCTJ trained journalist and Kingston University graduate with a 2:1 in BA (Hons) Journalism & English Literature. Author of the non-fiction book Why Solange Matters. With over ten years’ experience in journalism, she specialises in arts & culture reporting but also has experience working on commercial projects and in the trade press. Experience writing newsletters, music bios, press releases, blog posts, and creating and pitching editorial content. In depth understanding of writing for online and digital publications. Contributor to The Independent, NME, Guardian, Time Out, VICE, Crack magazine, The Wire, Bandcamp and more. Able to write about a wide range of subjects. Has worked on digital desks at Time Out, and the daily national newspapers The Sunday Times and The Mirror. Well organised and can write informative and entertaining copy to tight deadlines. Sub editing experience. Good knowledge of SEO.
- Queer London club night press releaseI wrote biography of the history of the LGBT live music and club night QUEER. I gathered information by interviewing the promoter, researching past events, and interviewing artists who have participated in the night. https://s3.amazonaws.com/external_clips/3554413/QUEER_EPK_bio.pdf?1600350559
- Snixxjones press releaseI wrote a press release for South African solo artist Snixxjones and their 2020 release Energy Doesn't Lie. I gathered information by interviewing them, reviewing their release, and researching previous coverage of the artist. https://s3.amazonaws.com/external_clips/3527235/Snixxjones_energy_doesnt_lie_EP_.pdf?1597914081
- Money for Life website projectThe Mix worked alongside UK Youth to develop a website for Lloyds Bank to help young people become more confident about managing their money. I was responsible for writing incidental copy on the website, writing new articles, reworking old articles and editing copy. The project launched successfully and was ready ahead of schedule.
- CLARA AMFO // SOUNDS LIKE LONDONThroughout June we’re working with the Mayor of London’s Sounds Like London campaign to bring you profiles on the most interesting and exciting women in London music. We’re super excited to chat to Clara Amfo about finding her voice on the radio and becoming one of the most recognised presenters around. Read more here.
+ View all
London, United KingdomFreelance
I write for a number of outlets including The Independent, Time Out, Crack magazine, Barbican, i-D, Dazed, The Wire, VICE, The Quietus, BFI, gal-dem, and Bandcamp. I also work as a copywriter for a number of different clients.
Content EditorThe Mix
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I was the Content Editor of The Mix, which provides advice and support for under 25s on subjects such as relationships, mental health, and money management. My job involved writing content for the website, editing copy, researching article ideas, coordinating with freelancers, and writing scripts for our videos. I was involved in a major rebrand of our charity where I had to ensure our website was SEO optimised to increase our traffic. I also created a project which tackled the correlation between discrimination and mental health.
+ Show more
- B2B Copywriting
- Content and Media Writing
- Feature Writing
- Social Media Management
- Blog Writing