A square peg in a round hole-a medical graduate turned journalist turned new media and human rights enthusiast. Currently based in London, UK and looking to collaborate with like minded people from the fashion, writing and LGBTQ community.
- Stardust Moments featuring Jarwa House (Courtesy ICE Today, www.icetoday.net)This challenging shoot was done in 2020, during the first wave of COVID-19 ravaging our country. The to-and-fro around the date of the shoot went on for three months due to the pandemic and finally the clients requested to do the shoot inside their showroom. Thanks Nusraat Faria, the most popular young film actress of the country we could do it. She gave us a lot of time and photographer Eivan Sardar did a wonderful job. Dresses were from Rose by Nizhu.
- The Digital Covers for ICE Today (www.icetoday.net)Presenting a bunch of digital covers I have conceptualized and styled for ICE Today, Bangladesh's premier fashion and lifestyle magazine. We brought out a weekend version of the magazine which featured digital-first stories. The whole ideas was to collaborate with creative geniuses from different fields. Starting from fashion to films to rappers to culinary mavericks and business people, Verve featured the who's who of Bangladesh's fashion, entertainment and business scenario. Photographs by (in
- Portrait of a Lady featuring Rose by Nizhu (Courtesy:www.icetoday.net)This roller-coaster ride of a shoot take place in a day on the Saint Martin's Island, the southernmost part of Bangladesh. This is the only coral island in Bangladesh. Journey to this island itself was a fun journey. The entire team not only worked hard but also enjoyed the travel and the amazing beach BBQ at night. Shirin Akter Shela, former Miss Universe Bangladesh was the model. Beautiful saree and couture dresses were from Rose by Nizhu, a boutique label known for its impeccable handicrafts
- Let's Chill featuring Ecstasy (Courtesy: ICE Today, www.icetoday.net)Ecstasy, a Bangladesh-grown fashion brand is now available in Dubai. Working for them has always been a wonderful collaboration. This one was for the Verve, the weekend digital magazine from ICE Today. Photographer Abir Hossain Noman did a praiseworthy job. Special Thanks to North End Coffee Roaster for letting us using their venue. Singer, songwriter Masha featured in it along with National Award winning Actress Sunehra Binte Kamal, Model-turned-fashionpreneur Rony Imran and renowned model Tanz
- International Women's Day Digital Cover featuring leading feminists from Bangladesh (Courtesy: ICE Today, www.icetoday.net)One project I am extremely proud of! Not only was it insightful to interview these hardcore feminists from Bangladesh, but also it was fun to do the shoot. The full article can be accessed here: https://icetoday.net/2021/03/feminism-2021/ Thanks to Eivan Sardar for the photography and Jason Dhali for the retouching and cover design.
+ View all
- Copywriting Editorial
- Content Writing
- Content Marketing
- Fashion Branding
- Styling Shoots
- Fashion Assistant
- Fashion Editorial
- Event Communications
- Social Media Marketing
MSc in Business Intelligence & Digital MarketingBrunel University London
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
The one year master's degree, which is currently ongoing, will enable me to learn more about the skills around business intelligence and digital marketing.
MBBSDhaka Medical College
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
The MBBS degree followed by one year internship at Dhaka Medical College enabled me to equip myself with not only the diagnosis and treatment of day to day medical problems but also instilled in me a great sense of empathy. Even though I didn't pursue the career of a clinician, I always owe to this institute for teaching me hard work, perseverance and accomplishing goals on a tight deadline.
EMK Small GrantEMK CenterSince 2012, EMK Small Grant has supported motivated individuals who have the courage and conviction to take on major challenges; individuals who have a spirit of enterprise, initiating projects for the betterment of the community. I won the small grant back in 2017 with my proposal to organize a writing workshop for LGBTQ writers. The award money was used to organize the 7-day long workshop where 10-15 prospective writers from LGBTQ community participated. It was an eye-opening experience as this enabled me to understand the need for training among the budding writers. The sessions also enabled the young wordsmiths to connect with some of the renowned editors, writers and philosophers from Dhaka who also appreciated the initiative.