• I am currently working full time at a local gastropub where I have greatly developed my customer service and sales skills as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure. • I quickly showed my aptitude and was entrusted with extra administrative responsibilities such as banking and opening up in the mornings.
• I undertook voluntary work with Runaway Records, a start-up label, as they promoted a new singer-songwriter Alistair James. • I designed, created, and maintained websites for both the label and for Alistair James. • I was in charge of maximizing his exposure across social media platforms and utilizing content to its best potential, as well as taking a big part in the overall process of launching a new artists’ career via press outreach
• Living Music is a start-up company specializing in providing creative live streamed music events in association with B2B partners. They also developed a music streaming service and API which I helped bring to market. • I researched market and business related trends, sourced and liaised with clients, created and managed databases, undertook general administrative tasks, and contributed to the strategic planning of innovative methods to increase the company’s recognition and revenue.
• I created this website to share music underexposed in mainstream awareness that I find to be really special. I write about a wide range of genres from electronic, hip-hop, and world music however they all share a common mentality appealing to genuine music lovers. • This required the necessary technical knowledge to develop and maintain a great looking website as well as the appropriate knowledge of multi-channel marketing and brand consistency to create a recognisable presence across multiple platforms.
• I worked to develop the stations’ presence around the North-East and within the national scope. • Set the agenda and ran regular meetings of the executive committee. • Rebranded and helped completely redesign the Station’s website and image. • Was an integral part in the creation of a new initiative named Stream Cerberus which brought together three strands of student media (the newspaper, TV, and radio) to provide professional quality live streams of many sporting events across the year on a restricted budget. • Undertook general administrative tasks necessary for running a large society using technical equipment.
• Organized a team of people, including weekly meetings, arranged review passes and interviews, distributed and edited reviews for the station’s website. • Created a weekly playlist for the station to broadcast which shaped the station’s sound and reputation. • Worked with PR companies, tour managers, record labels, and artists to arrange live sessions and interviews. • Presented the weekly NSR Music Show on which I played the new music of the week which developed my joy in finding and sharing music from a variety of genres.
• I produced reviews of albums and live events using my keen interest in music and writing skills to return articles for publication. It also taught me to work to a deadline and be self-critical of my own work.
I received a First Class Honours Bachelor's Degree,
I received this award for my part in creating a student led live-streaming initiative which brought together the three branches of student media to broadcast university sporting events online. http://www.streamcerberus.co.uk/