Tom Hingston is an established creative director and designer, based in London. Hingston Studio, his creative agency, has won numerous awards, particularly for its work in music. Over the last 22 years Hingston has collaborated extensively with some of the world’s most well-known artists, including Grace Jones, Nick Cave, The Chemical Brothers, The Rolling Stones, U2, Sade, Lady Gaga and Massive Attack. Hingston has also directed three critically acclaimed promos for the late David Bowie. His work outside music spans a wide spectrum of brands from beauty and fashion, to technology and lifestyle, including advertising campaigns for clients such as Alexander McQueen, Christian Dior, Lancôme and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. Hingston Studio's archive has been exhibited at a number of major galleries and institutions including The Design Museum, The Barbican, the Saatchi Gallery and the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Projects credited in
- House of Rolls-RoyceThe House of Rolls-Royce is a series of films developed by Rolls-Royce to illustrate key moments and figures in the brand's history. Working closely with Hingston Studio, we provided motion graphics and compositing for the two films conceived by Tom Hingston, “Chapter 01 - The Spirit of Ecstasy” and “Chapter 02 - Goodwood”.2
- House of Rolls-Royce: Reimagining the Spirit of EcstasyCollaborating with image makers Warren du Preez & Nick Thornton Jones, this photographic commission for House of Rolls-Royce re-imagines the iconic Spirit of Ecstasy. Inspired by the exceptional craft and beauty that underpins the RR Bespoke process, the campaign celebrates three key themes that are inherent in its offering; colour, technology and textiles. Credits: Photography: Warren du Preez & Nick Thornton Jones Art Direction: Tom Hingston Hair: Martin Cullen Make up: Andrew Gallimore Mode
- Cork Street Galleries: A Journal for Contemporary ArtCork Street has been celebrated as the home of contemporary art in Mayfair for over 100 years. Hingston was invited to work in partnership with Pollen Estate in the development of Cork Street Galleries – a series of new spaces designed to regenerate this exciting landmark destination, and to re-establish the active role of Cork Street amongst London’s art community. Hingston created a simple, yet refined brand identity that would work comfortably alongside a number of interventions and installa
- Veuve Clicquot: The Widow SeriesThe Veuve Clicquot Widow Series launched in 2015, as an homage to the brand’s revolutionary founder Madame Clicquot – and to demonstrate commitment to the brand’s creative heritage. Each year, through the Widow Series, Veuve Clicquot invites a different creative visionary to take inspiration from the Maison’s story and interpret it in their own unique way. In 2018 Hingston Studio was invited to curate the show, bringing the brand story to life through an immersive exhibition, that took place ov2
- House of Rolls-Royce: Chapter Four - LexiconThe House of Rolls-Royce is a communications platform, developed to bring to life the stories, the legacies and the vision that characterises this iconic brand. In our ongoing content series Chapter Four explores the unique vocabulary that is used to define some of the brand’s most iconic features. From the Spirit of Ecstasy to the Starlight Headliner, theirs is a lexicon of extraordinary words used to capture exceptional ideas. With a narrative developed and directed entirely by Hingston – thi
+ Show more