I'm a London-based editor, freelance writer and publisher. I'm mostly known for my publication BRICKS. I've previously written for Gurls Talk, Riposte Magazine and ELLE. My writing focuses on politics and feminist issues, emerging talent, fashion, art and identity. I am passionate about using my voice to challenge societal constructs and lift up marginalised communities. I'm motivated to support lesser-known talent and creatives. In 2017, I created Publish Cardiff, a one-day publishing event of talks and workshops with an aim to combat the lack of alternative education methods available in Wales for creatives; Dazed, Refinery 29 and British Vogue all hosted talks. Aside from publishing and writing, I also regularly lecture on the Fashion courses at the University of South Wales. I've also mentored for brands such as Depop and Melissa Shoes.
- GURLS TALK - This Zine is Celebrating The Creative Womxn of ManchesterFrom activists to Olympians, musicians to politicians, there is a long history of pioneering women who have helped shape Manchester’s culture. But with that being said, why do we only associate the Northern city’s popular culture with cisgendered men?
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Cover story: Liza Bilal Co-Led Bristol’s BLM Protest That Sparked a Global Push for ChangeFor our latest BRICKS Voices digital cover, meet an organiser behind Bristol’s history-making BLM demonstration, Liza Bilal, as she discusses racism in the UK, Black Lives Matter and mental health. Read the cover story here: https://bricksmagazine.co.uk/2020/11/27/voices-cover-liza-bilal-activist/
- BRICKS x Fred Perry - 10 Years on, How Amy Winehouse Is Still Inspiring Women in MusicAs part of Fred Perry x Amy Winehouse Foundation's decennial collection celebration, I coordinated and wrote this article featuring four rising stars in the music industry and how Amy's influence is still inspiring their work a decade since her passing.
- BRICKS #8 'The Let's Evolve' IssueI assisted Editor-in-Chief Tori West in producing this issue of BRICKS Magazine remotely during lockdown. Inside, I introduced and edited an insightful discussion between cover star Caroline Polachek and frequent collaborator A.G Cook, analysed the future of fashion with industry innovators, and interviewed some of the faces behind Instagram's biggest activism accounts.
- BRICKS #7 'The Rise Together' IssueI produced the Rise Together issue of BRICKS alongside Editor-in-chief Tori West and Features Editor Luke Smith. During the production of this issue, I wrote the cover story with Australian musicians Amyl & The Sniffers. Additionally, I assisted on shoots and interviews for the 'Portraits' section and published a fashion feature with TOMS Senior Director Lisa Hogg.
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFull Time
- Manage all social media and marketing - Identify the most compelling visuals for print and online - Proofreading and copywriting - Writing and publishing articles/interviews - Coordinate the print schedule - Develop platform growth and social engagement - Coordinate contributor schedules - Asset development and design - Oversee all brand partnerships
EditorChime for Change
- London, United KingdomFreelance
- Weekly meetings with the company's founder based on my research for the report - Working with Irregular on topics to be covered in the report's gender section - Identifying Gen Zs and commissioning them to create content (writers, interviewers etc) - Write the Editor's Letter for that section Report is sponsored and released in partnership with Gucci's Chime for Change initiative and is accessible for free viewing here: https://www.irregularlabs.com/gender
+ Show more
- Print Production
- Content Creation
- Editing Copy
- Event Coordination
- Brand Partnerships
- Public Speaking