I am a creative Product Design Lead with 7 years experience working with some of the world’s most innovative startups and leading brands such as ASOS, Bloom & Wild, Emirates and AMEX. Having worked in pre-seed & mid stage startups, I have lots of experience owning the entire design lifecycle of projects (from user research, strategy, UX and UI through to Interaction design) either by myself or as head of a small team. Though happy working as a team of one, I really enjoy mentoring others and love working as part of a small product or design team. I have experience both developing and optimising products and am a big believer in agile ways of working. Using Atomic Design principles I set up design systems that enable both designers and developers to design and build quickly and consistently. The craftsmanship of design still remains very close to my heart, particularly maintaining standards of typography in the digital space and adding humanity and delight through interaction design. I believe that having an open and inquisitive approach to design enables you to pinpoint real user and business problems and is key to being able to design with purpose and intent. I use principles from Google’s Design Sprint methodology to workshop the problem space with team members and stakeholders early on in the process. I stay up to date with the latest trends, tools and technologies and am truly excited about helping to shape the next generation of digital in a way that has real impact. I am looking for projects where I can lead on the design of a product, preferably as part of a small product team. A project that gives me the opportunity to work on the vision and direction of a product in it's early stages and to work directly with users to shape that would be ideal (particularly if it's in the field of health & fitness, fintech, or productivity). See my portfolio here: https://vicky-fox-bspn.format.com/Locked Pro Plan feature
• Product design, user research & art direction for a startup incubator, working on a pre-seed innovation project in the logisitics sphere. • Created a fully branded, component-based design system / style guide from scratch using Atomic Design principles. • Included working with a software developer on a Figma to React export process using the Figma Web API. • Service design mapping for the onboarding experience
• Worked very closely with data, product, and the CEO • Lead and mentored a team of two other designers • Responsible for the UX and UI of 2 apps (Android and iOS) and 3 websites (UK, FR, DE).The iOS App won 'App of the Year 2017' at the Startup Awards • Established an agile, collaborative design process within the company • Created a fully branded, component-based design system / style guide from scratch using Atomic Design principles. • Set up and ran a regular user testing programme that included remote, in-house and A/B testing. • Key projects include iOS and Android apps, responsive homepage, internationalisation of the UK website & apps to French and German, emails, marketing templates and user personas.
Responsible for Art Direction, UX & UI across a suite of digital banking products.
• Leading the design on all Mr Porter digital product across mobile, web, app and desktop • Created a component-based design system / style guide from scratch using Atomic Design principles. This was designed to be rolled out and then branded across all group brands (Mr Porter, Net-A-Porter & The Outnet)
• UX and UI design for mobile and desktop sites across four territories including homepage, category & product pages, navigation and checkout • Creation of marketing graphics • Art directing photo shoots and creation of a product photography style guide • Creation of a style guide for UI Elements • Managing one UI Developer
• UI Design for desktop, mobile web, responsive, and native mobile experiences (iOS and Android) • Audit of UI elements across all digital platforms and creation of a multi platform style guide based on best practice • Working closely with in-house UX and Dev teams • Producing interactive prototypes
• Role spanned the disciplines of UI and UX for mobile web and app • Working for tier 1 clients such as Emirates, American Express, Random House and Tesco. • UX research and strategy across app and mobile web (including planning and leading client workshop sessions) • Producing process documentation, including wireframes, site maps, pixel guides and style guides, tappable prototypes.
For my MA project focusing on publishing for the iPad I graduated with distinction.
For my BA I focused on photographic printmaking, graduating with a 2:1
Received for the Bloom & Wild iOS app. I redesigned the app in late 2016, and was the sole designer across both UI & UX.