Victoria Azubuike is a final year BSc Management student, who is the founder of the Us Programme. A project with the mission to help educate and inspire young females from disadvantaged backgrounds to break boundaries and achieve their goals. The Programme was launched in 2016, and seen has reached hundreds of young women across London, with its ‘She Who’ initiatives, and has partnered with global businesses. The US Programme, has been featured in both local and national newspapers, including The Guardian. The programme has managed to help over 400+ young ladies. Victoria’s work has been recognised with the undergraduate being voted one of the UK’s top 10 black students at the Rare Rising Stars 2017 awards. She has also been named Winner of Biggest Champion of Social Mobility Awards in 2018, and one of the Daily Mail Inspirational Women Finalists in 2019. She was board members on London Youth & The Mayor Fund for London. She has also been selected to meet the Duke of Edinburgh as London Youth celebrated its 130th anniversary at Buckingham Palace. She has also been featured in the Google and Female Quotient Initiative ‘Women Voyagers: Breaking Boundaries’ Initiative as the representative for the United Kingdom.
Projects credited in
- This Black History Month 2020, meet 100 rising stars inspiring changeWe still have a long way to go when it comes to conquering the lack of diversity in all industries – which is why it is so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. True diversity at every level is the key to innovation and success, so we celebrate and promote Black talent throughout the year, including via our list of brilliant Black leaders. This is definitely not an exhaustive list, so we’re always looking to unearth more incredible rising stars to feature and promote, to h144
- International Women’s Day 2020, meet 100 trailblazers redefining the creative industryAt The Dots, International Women’s Day isn’t just a day – it’s a whole month! A time to take over the site and shine a light on the women and non-binary people redefining the creator landscape. For #IWD2020, we asked industry leaders to nominate the trailblazing women and non-binary people they think will redefine the creative and digital industries over the coming years. The list we’ve put together is one that beams with brilliant, talented people and their dedication to positive change. Book162
- Fast Track 50: meet 50 trailblazers redefining the creative & digital industriesWe’re thrilled to announce 2019’s Fast Track 50! Google and The Dots have partnered on the inaugural Fast Track 50 programme to fast track the careers of 50 rising stars – ensuring they land opportunities regardless of challenges set by socio-economic background. Over the past six months, the Fast Track 50 have had unrivalled access to industry connections and opportunities through a series of profession/skills masterclasses, industry introductions and speed recruitment events with the best in t89
- Event 4: Speed RecruitmentGoogle and The Dots have partnered up to fast track the careers of 50 industry-ready rising stars! The fourth and final event in the 6 month programme kicked off at the Google offices in St Giles, London. The Dots and Google hosted a dedicated Speed Recruitment event at Google, where industry leaders (co-curated by Google and The Dots) were given the opportunity to speed recruit the 50 rising stars. Company reps were from the following: Warner Music, Jellyfish, The Stylist Group, Adidas, W17
- Fast Track 50: The Dots & Google accelerate the careers of 50 rising stars.We’re thrilled to announce The Dots is partnering with Google on a new programme: Fast Track 50! Over six months, we’ll fast track the careers of 50 industry ready rising stars – ensuring they land opportunities regardless of challenges set by socio-economic background. With a helping hand from eight incredible diversity organisations (see list below), we will select 40 industry-ready rising stars that have already had mentorship or training. An additional 10 rising stars will be chosen via an117
+ Show more