I am a womenswear designer that use time periods along with a more contemporary concept to create my collections which combine both structure and drape within one outfit. I have a strong interest in pattern cutting and garment construction. I am a 2020 Graduate from UCA Epsom with a BA Hons in Fashion.
- Game Set MatchIs my Graduate collection. It is a womenswear SS20 collection mainly based around The Wimbledon Tennis Championships where I was a ball girl for 2 years along with the influence of military tailoring from the American Revolution and video games. Tennis balls are the main focus of the collection with them being both physically and graphically represented in the collection. I produced a 6 outfit collection along with a jacket (5 outfits and the jacket made from home) Garments are pictured on manne
- LookbookThis lookbook contains a selection of photos from photoshoots of garments I made at university. It starts with my Graduate Collection Game Set Match SS20 (photoshoot completed in line with restrictions) and then goes backwards in chronological order to Year One projects. Project completed in 2020.
- Sports Deco ReflectiveThis womenswear collection is inspired by the 1920s specifically art deco patterns and tailoring, combined with Japanese street style allowing me to incorporate a sporty element enabling this collection to create a sophisticated sporty look. The colour are influences by 1920s travel posters and the fabrics are technical fabrics in tailoring colours or patterns. with this project I wanted to make tailoring less of a male orientated look by incorporating drape allowing it to become casual everyday
- Military CircuitryMilitary Circuitry is a womenswear collection inspired by military tailoring and computer circuitry. I used traditional British military tailoring to inform the silhouettes and colours used, combined with circuitry to add further detail to the design in the forms appliqué, embroidery or print. The fabrics for this project were inspired by traditional tailoring fabrics but they are in block colours instead. Project done in 2018
- Technical fileThis technical file contains all my notes of the technical process in digital form I learnt throughout my three years of university from dart manipulation, to techniques, toiles, alterations and final garment construction. Each technique and garment construction has step by step instructions. This project completed in 2020.
- Beginners sewing guideThis booklet is a beginners sewing guide that I completed for Stitches Haberdashery to help when teaching the beginners courses. It contains a glossary, information about fabrics, using patterns, how to thread up your machine and starting sewing. Each section contains its relevant information and step by step illustrated instructions. Project completed in 2020.
Class assistantStitches haberdashery
London, United KingdomPart Time
I help run 2 weekly classes teaching kids to sew, occasionally help with adult classes and parties along with preparing all the resources need for the classes, tidy and organise the workspace
Studio internSteven Tai
- London, United KingdomInternship
3 month studio internship where I worked within the studio team helping alter patterns, create new patterns, pack boxes for shipping, research, toile construction and tidying and organising the workspace
- Pattern Cutting
- Fashion Design
- Garment Construction