Organised by Camberwell College of Arts (UAL)
Join our supportive, in-person art therapy session where you will explore a variety of activities and group discussion. UAL students only.
Please use your UAL email address to sign up for this event. We cannot guarantee a place at the workshop if you use another email.
This 6 session group held in person will involve the same group of people meeting each week to work together therapeutically. Out of respect to fellow group members, please ensure that you can commit to attending all of the dates before signing up.
How we communicate with ourselves internally has a profound impact on our self-esteem, achievements and how we relate to others. Join our confidential and supportive art therapy group where you will be encouraged over 6 weeks to draw awareness to our personal ‘self-talk’ styles and explore positive self-attitudes. Sessions involve a variety of art making activities and gentle group discussion. A shared experience, the group aims to be a safe and positive space to bring your thoughts, feelings, concerns, and hear from other students also. There is no expectation for you to share your artwork if you prefer not to.
Wednesday 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 November and 6 December, 4pm - 6pm. In-person group.
Details will be shared closer to the time. This event will be held at one of UAL's central locations.
This event is for currently enrolled UAL students only.
What to Expect
1. By signing up you’re signed up to all 6 sessions of this group. If you’re unable to attend please remember to cancel your place.
2. All levels of artistic ability are welcome - your artwork will not be judged or evaluated during the session. We will invite you instead to use your artwork as a visual and tactile media as a means of self exploration and communication.
3. We will supply a variety of 2D and 3D art materials therefore you do not need to bring them with you unless you prefer to bring your own.
4. Our intention is to help you feel warmly welcomed and accepted as you are. Alongside this, it is natural that the ‘feel’ of each session may vary depending on what each participant brings. All feelings, positive or negative, are welcome.
5. Attendees are asked to attend each session from start to end, as taking part in the whole 2 hour experience each week is an important aspect for both your own and the group's process. There will be a short break during the session.