Organised by University of The Arts London (UAL)
Sign up for this closed online art therapy group using your UAL email address. UAL students only.
Have you just moved to London, or perhaps you have lived here for a long time? Do you feel nervous or isolated when walking alone in the morning, daytime, evening or at night? This could be in response to what you have heard or seen in the media, or perhaps from a previous negative experience.
Please join our confidential, safe and supportive online group over 3 sessions where you can create art to express how you’re feeling. Reflecting together after, we will encourage group thinking surrounding feeling safe and importantly, what to do if you do not. A shared experience, the group aims to be a safe and positive space to share your thoughts, feelings and concerns. However, there is no expectation for you to share these or your artwork/s, if you prefer not to.
This brief therapeutic style group takes place over 3 sessions and is for students who are curious about the theme or art therapy in general. All UAL students welcome.
**Please sign up using your UAL email address only**
We cannot guarantee you a place if you do not use your UAL email address.
Friday 3, 10 and 11 November, 10am – 12pm Online group.
Further details will be shared closer to the time.
This event is for currently enrolled UAL students only.
What to Expect
1. By signing up once you’re automatically signed up to all 3 online sessions. If you’re unable to attend, please cancel your place.
2. All levels of artistic ability are welcome - your artwork will not be judged or evaluated during the session. We will instead invite you to use your artwork as a visual and tactile media as a means of self expression and communication.
3. As we’re working online, you’ll need to supply your own materials e.g. pen, pencil, chalk, paints, pastels, felt tips, paper, glue, leaves, twigs, string, digital media etc (anything you have!).
4. Our intention is to help you feel warmly welcomed and accepted as you are. Alongside this, it is natural that the ‘feel’ of each session may vary depending on what each participant brings. All feelings, positive or negative, are welcome.
5. Attendees are asked to arrive at the session start time and to stay for the session duration, where possible, as taking part in the whole 2 hour experience is an important aspect for both your own and the group's process. There will be a short break during the session.
6. Sessions are held on Microsoft Teams. Participants are strongly encouraged to turn on their web cameras during the session to enhance the feeling of togetherness. We understand however that wifi bandwidth issues may prevent some participants from turning on their cameras.