Organised by Create Jobs
Applications are open from Tue 25 Aug - Thu 1 Oct
Visit our website to find out more
Get the skills and connections needed to get paid work in branded content, moving image and film
We’re looking for 25 aspiring content creators who want to make their career creating content for TV, film, music and advertising. Over 6 weeks you’ll gain practical hands-on experience in shooting, directing, editing & casting as well as pitching ideas, sound production and budgeting.
You’ll also hear how to create content for digital platforms and different audiences & hear from directors and DOP’s at the top of their game, including Stink Films (Jay Z, Ray BLK, Game of Thrones), Untold Studios (Beats by Dre, Sam Smith, Mouth Full of Gold), BlinkInk (Idris Elba, Jon Hopkins, MTV) and Somesuch (The Weeknd, Halsey, Burberry) amongst others.
About the course
The course is delivered online, 5 days a week, Mon-Fri. This includes industry talks, development workshops, careers advice and guidance, individual support, peer networking and self-study.
The core elements of this course will cover:
- 101 to content production: The work the roles the brief
- Pre-Production planning + learning the ropes
- Pitching (mood boards + concepts)
- Storytelling: How to tell compelling stories
- Shooting (for film, digital, branded content)
- Directing: Hear from some of the best directors in the business
- Lighting It: Lighting Directors and Director of Photography at the top of their game
- Producing: Bringing it all together – Budgets/ Callsheets/ Location Permissions
- Editing + best practice
- Content creation including Premiere Pro - masterclass & workshops
- Sound Design: Meet the sound experts
- Casting for different formats
- Music Videos: Commissioning & Production
There will be weekly shooting exercises and editing challenges all ending in an end of programme screening.
As well as access to the course content, our aim is to place every person who goes through this programme into paid work or further training.
You’ll also get access to:
- Free, industry-standard training from top employers
- Connections to live job roles
- Weekly employment workshops to improve your applications and interviews
- An industry mentor to support your career goals
- Individual and group wellbeing support
- A network of young creatives
- Ongoing alumni support, access to events and networking opportunities
- A MacBook Pro and Adobe Software
We don’t mind about qualifications or past paid experience; our only requirements are that:
- You must be 18-24 years-old
- You must be from a London borough
- You must not be in full-time employment, education or training
- You must commit to the programme and be free weekdays during the programme (29 October to 11 December 2020)
- You must be free for a selection day on either the 14, 15 or 16 October 2020
Other than that, we want to see your passion and interest in the industry as well as a creative can-do attitude and desire to learn.
We encourage applications from people who are currently under-represented in the digital and creative sector. This includes women, people who are Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic, D/deaf, Disabled and Neurodivergent people, people from the LGBTQ+ community, as well as people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
We also welcome applicants from a range of educational backgrounds and therefore do not require any formal qualification to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this programme, you need to fill out the application form by 10am Thu 1 October 2020.
Click here for the application form
If your application is successful, you’ll need to be available for an online group selection day on either 14, 15, 16 October 2020, where you'll take part in a collaborative group task and meet the Create Jobs team.
Please note that we are unable to offer alternative group selection dates and if you are unable to attend the selection day, we will not be able to process your application further.
You must be free to take part in the programme full-time between 29 October to 11 December 2020.
It is important to us that our programmes are accessible. Please let us know if you would like to submit your application in a different format by contacting Programme Officer, Vanessa Owusu, email@example.com or 07827 925402.
If you have access requirements for either the selection process or the programme itself please include this in your application or contact us before the deadline.
Find out more about access requirements and adjustments