Organised by Create Jobs
Applications are open from Tue 25 Aug - Thu 1 Oct
Visit our website to find out more
We've partnered with YSYS (Your Startup, Your Story) to deliver a 6-week training programme giving you the soft and hard skills you need to break into the digital design industry
In the UK alone, the digital sector is worth over £400 million a day to the economy. The number of new businesses and jobs created in the digital sector is growing more than the rest of the economy with around 45,000 jobs available just in the UK.
YSYS want to help young creatives with digital skills tap into that opportunity so if you’re someone with a bit of design know-how and a talent for thinking creatively then this opportunity is for you. Come learn from some of the sector’s digital leaders like Hero, Visly and Publicis Sapient and discover the job opportunities across design, project management, user research, and delivery.
About the course
The course is delivered online, 5 days a week, Mon-Fri. This includes industry talks, development workshops, pastoral support, peer networking and self-study.
The core elements of this course will cover:
- Remote working in design
- Intro to design softwares
- Design fundamentals
- Collaborating cross-functionally
- Personal project management
- The Double Diamond approach
- Stakeholder management
- How to be engaging
- User research
- Project delivery
- Personal growth
- How to ace an interview
- How to find the right company for you
- Career action plans
- Live industry brief with feedback from product designers
As well as access to the course content, our aim is to place every person who goes through this programme into paid work or further training.
You’ll also get access to:
- Free, industry-standard training from top employers
- Connections to live job roles
- Weekly employment workshops to improve your applications and interviews
- An industry mentor to support your career goals
- Individual and group wellbeing support
- A network of young creatives
- Ongoing alumni support, access to events and networking opportunities
- A MacBook Pro and Figma Software
We don’t mind about qualifications or past paid experience; our requirements are that you must:
- Be between 18-24 years of age
- Be from a London borough
- Have a real interest in product design
- Be a natural problem solver, never satisfied with the status quo, always seeking optimisation.
- Have some experience with design software (e.g. InVision, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator)
- Have a basic design education, this could be any of the following;
- Self-taught with minimal commercial working experience, but an understanding of basic design principles
- General Assembly/ Immersive course certification
- <1 year graphic design/ digital design experience
- Design related degree, but no work experience.
- Any digital arts course certification, with the desire to transfer to product
Other than that, we want to see your passion and interest in the industry as well as a creative can-do attitude and desire to learn.
We encourage applications from people who are currently under-represented in the digital and creative sector. This includes women, people who are Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic, D/deaf, Disabled and Neurodivergent people, people from the LGBTQ+ community, as well as people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
We also welcome applicants from a range of educational backgrounds and therefore do not require any formal qualification to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this programme, you need to fill out the application form by 10am Thu 1 October 2020.
Click here for the application form
If your application is successful, you’ll need to be available for an online group selection day on either 14, 15, 16 October where you'll take part in a collaborative group task and meet the Create Jobs and YSYS teams.
Please note that we are unable to offer alternative group selection dates and if you are unable to attend the selection day, we will not be able to process your application further.
You must be free to take part in the programme full time between 29 October to 11 December.
Access and additional support
It is really important to us that there are no barriers to anyone within the requirements taking part in our training programmes. Please let us know if you would like to submit your application in a different format by contacting Employment Programme Manager at YSYS, Tyra Alexander on email@example.com.
If there is any additional support we could offer to enable you to participate in either the selection process, or the programme, please include this in your application, or contact us before the deadline.