Inaugural year of the African Art Fair - a sister exhibition to Frieze, hosted in the West Wing at Somerset House. 17 galleries from around the globe exhibited artwork from over 80 artists.
As event coordinator, I worked with the organisers of African Art Fair, suppliers and exhibitors in order to plan and deliver the event from build to de-rig.
This included, but was not limited to:
- Completing a full costings budget for the event, to include the build, exhibition opening, de-rig and making good, and updating the document throughout the event planning process
- Ensuring the event design is appropriate for site in accordance with health and safety regulation, as well as approved by the Somerset House Director
- Linking the art fair organisers to appropriate Somerset House teams with regards to cross-marketing and social media
- Collaborating with the Production Manager with regards to coordinating traffic and site management for the build, event and breakdown to ensure public safety
- Booking appropriate staffing for the event, including operations managers, hosts, technicians and art handlers
- Continuous communication with the Head of Security to ensure all health and safety requirements with regards to first aid, fire evacuation and public safety
- Briefing event staff and assisting the operations manager in event delivery