ADVERTISING I have worked for 21 years in the advertising industry, mostly in London, but also across the globe in Dubai and Amsterdam. I work as a creative team with my fellow copywriter and art director, David Wellington. Together we have honed our skills in producing creative ideas to work through-the-line. Our creative concepting skills cover PR, activation, poster, press, radio, online film, digital comms, social content, online games, apps and now pretty much anything we get asked to do. We have helped win pitches for big agencies such as IKEA for Agency.com, Footlocker for Isobar, Dubai Properties for JWT Dubai and EE for Publicis London. We've also picked up a few awards along the way such as a Cyber Lions Bronze, Creative Circle silver, two D&AD in book's, Eurobest bronze and numerous Campaign's 'Campaign of the week'. Portfolio site : www.wellingtonandpeters.com COMEDY In our free time we sometimes write comedy for TV and the web. We have had the wonderful opportunity of working with Armando Iannucci writing sketches for his shows as well as developing our own web and TV shows with production companies for Channel 4 and the BBC. Main comedy site: http://mantlepies.com Our latest project is a spoof pub on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefmcpub ART I am also an illustrator/graphic artist/animator. You can find my work here: http://www.awpeters.uk https://giphy.com/worldofmrpeters Or view my Insta here: https://www.instagram.com/theworldofmrpeters/
- Dulux : Colour ChemistryDulux asked us to create a campaign built around the idea of ‘colour chemistry’ showcasing Dulux's expertise in colour matching. We decided to create characters out of the the colour swatches found in Dulux in-store brochures and on their website. We used these characters to demonstrate, in a fun way, how some colours are just made for each other.
- Broadband from BTThis is a selection of the many ads we created for our 'Broadband from BT' campaign. Unlike BT's usual ads, we wanted to create a visual style with a more quirky and chintzy feel. Inspired by the warm, cosy days of the 70's sitcom, think 'George and Mildred' & 'The Good Life', with a twist of surrealism. As it was so successful for its visual impact and great response rates, this ended up being one of BT's longest running digital campaigns.
- IKEA. Kitchens that are built for real lifeIKEA asked us to produce a through-the-line campaign to increase awareness of the guaranteed quality and robustness of their kitchens. We decided on the idea of taking traditional test robots and making them act out real life human scenarios to stress test the kitchens. From a marital dispute involving plate throwing, to a moody teen slamming cupboard doors. IKEA's kitchens are built to be ready for everything 'real life' has to throw at them.
- Lock It Down : The social app that lets you bagsie sneakers.We were briefed to come up with a simple and inexpensive social idea that would generate anticipation and excitement around Foot Locker’s new sneaker releases throughout the year. At the same time it needed to appeal to their teenage customer base and drive footfall into stores. With our insight being that teenagers love to get the latest sneakers before their mates do. We would gamify this existing behaviour with ‘Lock it Down’ a social app that encourages them to ‘bagsie’ their favourite sneak
- The World's Smoothest Business Traveller. Click TravelMeet 'The World's Smoothest Business Traveller'. This is a campaign I co created for Click Travel to communicate to business travellers the benefits of using Click Travel's all in one online solution to booking your business trips. Illustrating that you can create a smooth seamless journey quickly and easily using Click Travel. The World's Smoothest Business Traveller expects nothing less.
- Heavy Hitters : The advertising industry beat 'em up (2021 Remaster)'Heavy Hitters' is a promo I co produced and concepted with my creative partner David Wellington, as an Art Director and Copywriter team, for London based ad agency 'Glue'. It was an interactive flash game in the style of a 'coin op' beat em up featuring the Creative Directors of London's ad industry.
+ View all
Senior Art Director & CopywriterFP7 McCann
- Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFreelance
Worked on a Mastercard 2019 through-the-line campaign featuring poster, press, digital. Created various Mastercard 2019 PR/Activation ideas around the passion points of football and cuisine. Also created and developed a large global brand campaign idea that is currently ongoing. Worked on further developing an Uber activation/PR campaign for the Middle East. Clients: Uber UAE | Mastercard Global | Mastercard UAE
+ Show more
- TTL Campaigns
- Comedy Writing