Adu is a London-based director and filmmaker driven by real life stories and factual entertainment that is every bit as compelling as it is entertaining. Previously a Creative Lead at UK-based travel company Culture Trip, Adu is no stranger to telling stories about people from different parts of the world, as well as stories that highlight and celebrate key cultural differences across various countries and communities. He achieves warmth, candidness, and authentic humour through his directorial style and as a result, he’s worked all over the globe with brands such as Google, GoPro, Corona, and Talisker Whiskey.
- Together We Hear DocumentaryTogether We Hear is a 20-minute documentary about music's role in the fight against prejudice. It features six iconic musicians: Nile Rodgers, Emeli Sandé, Eve, Ms Banks, Alicai Harley and Craig David. This documentary was made for Peace One Day and produced by Lipton in association with Time Out.
- Ghana's iPhone Artist - Prince GyasiViewers follow Ghanaian visual artist, Prince Gyasi, as he explores the vibrant life of the nation’s capital. Taking his surroundings as a source of inspiration, Gyasi composes striking and colourful images using only a smart-phone; “People are usually surprised when they find out I use my phone to create my artwork, but for me, it’s about using whatever tool you have to empower creativity in this world.” Write-up can be found here: trippin.world/feature/trippin-presents-prince-gyasi-accra
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Heart of The CityHeart of the City, is about discovery. Set in a disused apartment block that’s been repurposed as creative studios, the film explores a London brimming with potential. When Moses and Debora meet at the building to attend a Vietnamese supper club, they encounter numerous worlds hidden inside its concrete walls. Accompanied by dreamlike jazztronica and shots of London’s copper-toned skies, Heart of the City is a story of human and urban discovery. Written and directed by Romano Pizzichini Starri
- Trails of the Unexpected - Palma - British Airways x Culture TripDiscover unexpected wonders and the best things to do in destinations across Europe. This project involved cross-team collaboration between Culture Trip's Brand studio, Photo Department and Illustration & Animation team to create a fun and interactive guide to destinations across Europe for our client British Airways. My team worked closely with our branded-content team to research, ideate and commission photo and written content for several locations across Europe. A CULTURE SEEKER’S DAY IN P
- Fabrik Conditioner 20.05Discover the work of Caity Younge, Martín Sanmiguel, Rafa G. Arroyo, Simon Dawson and Shaun Pettigrew, Sean Nash, Cable Magazine, Audrey + Wandy, Rémy Solomon, Brian Plonka - award-winning photojournalist, Joel Knoernschild - a director who seeks to give a voice to marginalized individuals and Adu Lalouschek - another award-winning filmmaker and world-traveller.3
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
I work with brands, agencies, and broadcasters to create story-driven video content across commercial, editorial, documentary and social media.