- Shop Sheba - Ikeji Collection IIIn line with the overall 70s West African theme of the collection, this shoot focuses specifically on the West African music magazine aesthetic. Drawing influence from photographers such as Malick Sidibe, Felicia Abban and Seydou Keïta, the shoot consists of portrait style photos that resemble those that would be taken during an artist home interview for a music magazine. As well as the set, the treatment is key to capturing the 70s music magazine vibe. The post production takes reference from 7
- Yellow presents: 'More Beautiful Figures' A Screening and Conversation with Denisha Anderson and Wu LuMore Beautiful Figures - A short film by Denisha Anderson showing a collection of beautiful black British talent. In the film, the participants discuss navigating the creative industry as Black people and explore their personal encounters and obstacles they have faced which have got them to the beautiful stages of their career to date. Inspired by "beautiful screen tests" of Andy Warhol and with subtle nods to black excellence scattered across the work of Basquiat. The screening includes a Q&A
- The Brick Development - Westbourne ParkThe Brick building is situated within the thriving community of Westbourne Park. Sitting 13 stories high, the homes overlook the buzzing streets of West London, giving residents a front seat view into the vibrancy and movement of the urban environment. I was asked by the team at The Brick to develop their web copy to share information and promote their homes to potential residents from the across the world.
- Night School: A free 8-week creative mentorship programmeNight School is a free 8-week workshop and mentorship programme to address the lack of diversity in the creative industry. In collaboration with award-winning London agency, The Brooklyn Brothers, Yellowzine have created Night School to help young, creative-minded people, aged 18-25, from ethnic minority backgrounds into the creative industry. The idea of the programme was in response to the underrepresentation of creative talent from minority backgrounds within the creative industry. Instead
- Yellowzine #03: The Conscious IssueOur third issue explores consciousness through the art of styling. In this edition we speak to 15 stylists on how they navigate consciousness through their art work and what it means to be sensitive to and aware of the contexts in which you create. Themes covered include: environmentalism, gender and sexuality, feminism, home and loads more - all within the theme of styling and fashion. The zine is 210 x 297mm, printed on premium 150gsm paper with a 350gsm matt laminated cover to give it the co
+ View all
Projects credited in
- I am my own Sun, Moon and Stars“I am my own Sun, Moon and Stars” is a body of work stemming from a dream I had during my self discovery and spiritual growth journey. The idea is that I am just as strong, just as beautiful and awe inspiring as the celestial beings that rule us. In the writing that accompanies the piece I discuss my mental health, religious transitions and true freedom. SMS is a love letter to whom I've become, where I finally am and the grand human experience.
- Note To Self - A Short Film.Night School is a free eight-week training programme in London designed to educate and empower a more ethnically-diverse talent pool for the creative industry. Open to all 18-25 year-olds from ethnic minority backgrounds, Night School will help to unlock creative potential, provide core skills and even open doors to a future career. For my manifesto I wrote, directed and acted in a short film called "NOTE TO SELF" which confronts the challenges of identifying as a creative person - doubt, fear
- TCO and Yellow Zine hosts 6x6 - An evening of storytelling for Black History MonthJoin us on the 23rd of October where we ask the question "Who are the Black figures that have been instrumental in shaping your life?” for Black History Month. With just 6 minutes to talk and 6 slides to illustrate their diverse personal stories, we acknowledge the individuals of the Black community that have had the greatest impact on our 12 speakers. Hailing from all walks of life and across a broad age spectrum, our speakers will share the often untold social and cultural achievements and in
+ Show more
Manchester, United KingdomFreelance
• Organized financial data and prepared related projections and budget. • Coordinated with relevant parties to ensure seamless project completion. • Engaging with relevant companies and outlining our business strategy to gain sponsorship. • Market research on artists and contacting them for features. • Curating - Reviewing work of the artists and judging which fits best with the publication. • Remain current on industry regulations • Liason with the magazine creative director to ensure the content matches the aesthetic.
Creator/Brand ManagerShopsheeba Clothing
Manchester, United KingdomFreelance
• Developed and implemented product marketing strategies. • Designed innovative garments • Identified brand identity opportunities. • Designed brand awareness campaigns for all company products. • Tracked competitor activities including online impressions. • Developed creative marketing and advertising strategies. • Prepared timetables for each campaign based on overall goals and budget availability.
+ Show more
- Curating Content
- Brand Management
- Brand Communication
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Editing