- Client: Hardwood Ventures. Project: Chris B. Murray NBA Legends Art ShowWe started working with Newcastle based Independent Basketball Lifestyle retailer Hardwood Ventures in the Spring of 2016, originally creating a collection of collaboration tees for their then in-house label Basketball Reigns Supreme. We quickly built a great working relationship with them and in December 2016 we excitedly helped them rebrand from Basketball Megastore into Hardwood Ventures. In the summer of 2017 we helped them put on their very first art show. Curating AnyForty collaborator Chris B. Murray's incredible NBA Legends show. 10 original illustrations showcasing NBA legends from the past to the modern day. Alongside a selection of 5 original paintings. Pics by Randy Chow.
- Client: Hardwood Ventures. Project: Branding and sign-painting.We started working with Newcastle based Independent Basketball Lifestyle retailer Hardwood Ventures in the Spring of 2016, originally creating a collection of collaboration tees for their then in-house label Basketball Reigns Supreme. We quickly built a great working relationship with them and in December 2016 we excitedly helped them rebrand from Basketball Megastore into Hardwood Ventures. We pulled in traditional sign-writer Ash Willerton to handpaint our branding on the store front as well as a hand-painted slogan on the glass of the front door. Swoooosh.
- Client: Ripe Digital Project: Little book of digitally printed inspiration.Rik Penny from Ripe approached us at the tail end of 2016 to ask us if we could create a project for them that could showcase a selection of some of the many different digital printing techniques and paper stocks they offer to help celebrate 25 years of Ripe Digital. We've been using Ripe Digital since we launched AnyForty in 2008. Simply there is no one better at digital printing in the UK so you know we snapped his hand off at the chance to work together on something epic. For this project we carefully selected 18 incredible artists from around the world including Ben Brown from Sydney, Short from Portland, Signalnoise from Halifax, Nova Scotia and homegrown talent like London based Dan Mumford and Ash Willerton to showcase their styles using techniques like clear inks, white inks, varnishes and foils, all printed digitally in-house by Ripe. We worked with the lovely Spadge Nunn in Lincoln creating the written content for the book. The final result has already gone down incredibly well with Ripe's regular customers and has become a highly in demand book amongst artists and agency's around the UK, the first edition is already gone. If you want to register interest in the second print run please email Rik here. Contributing artists: Chris B.Murray, Ash Willerton, Philth, Travis Price, Signalnoise, Ben Brown, Mr Gauky, Billelis, Jam Factory, Short, Purdi Petunia, Dan Mumford, Vanila BCN, Ohnoes, Ryan Roadkill, Andre Beato, Dirty Hands Co & Add Fuel. Case study photography by Rick Nunn.
Projects credited in
- Margot RobbieAs a fellow Aussie, I love Margot Robbie and have followed her career since her early days in Neighbours, but that's not the only reason I'm so fond of this portrait. It's also very special to me as it was one of my first ever projects. Naturally, I was delighted when my talented designer friend, Al Wardle asked to use it in a book he was creating for a well-known printer Ripe Digital, to show off new digital printing techniques and paper stocks. For me, it was great to see how colour compliment
- LIANE PLANT COLLABORATION WITH ANYFORTY - T-SHIRT DESIGNWe were so pleased when our good friend Alan at Anyforty came back to us after commissioning our artist Liane Plant for a previous project, to design an exclusive tee for the re-launch of Anyforty clothing. From AnyForty: After two years of print on demand, we're proud to announce the return of our much requested, hand screen-printed, limited edition artist collaboration garments. This brand new design kicking off what we hope is a regular series of epic new graphic tees is by Birmingham r2
- LIANE PLANT & MR GAUKY FOR ONRUSH VIDEO GAMEAt the start of the year we were super excited to work alongside our good friend Alan Wardle at AnyForty, who art directed the in-game design assets for the exciting new release of computer game: ONRUSH. ONRUSH is a brand new, incredibly exciting arcade racing game created by the talented team at Codemasters Evo in Runcorn, which was released worldwide on June 5th on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomFull Time
Founder, Art Director, and the one man behind AnyForty, UK based Artist Collaboration Collective. AnyForty was originally launched in 2008 as a clothing brand working with artists from around the world on limited edition releases, but over the last few years, AnyForty has evolved into a client-serving business, bridging the gap between client and artist and working on everything from interior art to apparel and branding to art direction with an array of clients from local like Tokyo Bar in Newcastle to international like Fasetto Link in Wisconsin, USA.
Freelance Graphic Designer
- United KingdomFreelance
From November 2010 I worked as a freelance senior creative, over that time I worked 6 months in-house for Love in Manchester on projects for V-Festival, Umbro, Primark, Hoops@City and Manchester City. Worked remotely for JESS3 in Washington USA on projects for Nike, Google and ESPN and worked in-house for Radley Yeldar in London solely on a project for Vodaphone, Frukt in London on projects for Coca-Cola, Tia Maria, Winston, Grey Goose & Bud Light.
+ Show more
- Marketing PR
- Print Design
- Art Direction
BTEC HND Graphic Design
- Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Over the course of 5 years I studied and graduated from Newcastle College of Art & Design courses in 3D design, Graphic Design and Print Design & Infographics.