Originally from Barcelona, lived and study in London for a decade. Visual communication through multiple disciplines, engaged with the feel of a printed paper up to the flow of an animation. Working both in the UK and Spain has given me a variety of experiences as a designer and individual, and has given me the opportunity to work with creatives from around the globe. Trying to make design to matter.
- San Sebastian Film FestivalSelf initiated work for the poster competition organised by the San Sebastian Cinema Festival 2016. The brief asked to represent freely, avoiding the cinematic clichés, the ‘Horizontes Latinos’ section, where films from Latin America where screened. I was inspired by the propaganda poster style of South American countries. I was looking for a colour palette that conveyed the characteristic heat and the feeling of infinite distance of a horizon.
- Chivas Brand Style GuideBrand Style Guide design for Chivas Whisky. The booklet was aimed to hotels, clubs and venues that promoted the drink and enhanced the brand visual style in their interior design. Layout and typesetting with existent brand mark and fonts, image research support and edition. Print and interactive formats designed for the studio Shaun Clarkson ID, London.
- Classic Titles – Book CoverA self-initiated project aiming to explore book cover design of classic fiction titles with an illustration and playful input. The brief goal was to achieve an attractive look that will stand out on the shop shelve as well as remain exciting adding beauty and character to the book collection at home. Use of colour and patterns and hand painted acrylic illustration chosen to communicate the mood of the stories.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Barts Ingredients CompanyBart has been selling herbs and spices for fifty years and has an established relationship with Waitrose and other premium retailers. So why were these industry experts suffering from lack of brand awareness and struggling to differentiate themselves from strong competition like Schwartz and own label incursion? Herbs and spices were viewed as a commodity. Instead of browsing, buyers came with a recipedriven A-Z ingredient search, a lack of brand loyalty and few incentives to buy more frequently – there was nothing to inspire or educate. Results - Name was changed to Bart Ingredients Company (from Bart Spices) to appeal to new audience - ‘Spoonkler’ lid designed to improve ease of use - Logo made to look bigger, bolder and more natural - Premium quality communicated by adding quality seal and using silver print - Educational copy added to inspire creative cooks and foodies We went on to design their new website and stationary, and continued to look at ways to better engage consumers with the brand. This led to us designing an interactive in-store fixture with scented herb and spice aromas and a tablet that people could use to browse inspiring recipes. The rebranded packaging went into store in September 2012 and made such a significant change to the way people engaged with the brand that it won a coveted DBA award for its commercial success – after all, it generated £200,000 profit in just 12 weeks.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- After Affects
- Finishing Techniques
- Layout Editorial Design
- Book Binding
BA Design for Graphic CommunicationLondon College of Communication, UAL
- London, United Kingdom
Course Rep 2013-14. Graphic Design theory and practice skills, layout, typography, grid, colour. Printing techniques workshops and projects, screen print, letterpress, lino print, risograp, digital print and litho print . Finishing techniques, folding and binding. Digital Photography and image edition elective. Video edition and documentary. Industry live briefs on editorial and illustration. Branding, advertising, social design, illustration and editorial projects. Internships in packaging, branding and digital design. Degree show team online and print promotion.
Foundation Diploma in Art and DesignKingston School of Art
- Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Fine Art and Graphic Design theory and practice. Fine Arts, Print, Textile Print and Exhibition Design workshops. Live Drawing and photography sessions. Design writing. Live project in Berlin. Show Exhibition.
Bronze Medal in GraphicsCreative ConscienceCreative Conscience Awards 2015, Bronze Medal in Graphics, Branding & Social Design, Open Brief. The project submitted 'We Share' can be seen in my portfolio. A social enterprise aiming to prevent older people's isolation while supporting mature students in London. https://www.creative-conscience.org.uk/portfolio/amaia-zelaiaundi-parral-2015/