- Digital PublishingDuring my time at The App Lab, my layout design contributed to many of the countries most popular magazines. These included fashion based names such as Elle and Esquire, to Entertainment and Food brands such as FourFourTwo magazine and BBC Good Food. Our brief was to convert the print edition to multiple platforms, these included iPad, iPhone and Samsung devices.
- Gordon Ramsay RangeGordon Ramsay needs an identity, packaging and promotion for his new kitchenware range. This should reflect his bold personality and also his high quality cuisine. The range will be a higher price bracket and be sold in stores such as John Lewis. Response: The ‘Gordon Ramsay Range’ represents the class and quality of Gordon Ramsay through elegant and sharp typographic solutions, Whilst at the same time illustrating hints of his bold, feisty personality. It was important that the packaging really represented the products they are used with, so I took inspiration for fruit and veg boxes and also tea bag packaging for the above examples.
- Doco PeopleWhilst undertaking a creative internship at Doco I was given multiple projects to work on for Picture Box Films. This included multiple options for posters promoting the films of October. Using a recently updated style the poster had to inform and look clean whilst at the same time sticking to brand guidelines. Other work also included creating Facebook banner images and Twitter backgrounds, and experimenting with the companies logo.
Projects credited in
- Mail Plus: an interactive daily edition for iOS and AndroidIn 2013 I was part of the launch team for Mail Plus, an ambitious, experimental daily format for tablets. It was my job to help convert the print edition into an immersive touchscreen experience, adapting and enhancing its content with fresh display copy, sidebars and in-depth picture galleries – all before the newspaper hit the stands the next day. For this I worked closely with a design team to maintain a slick, modern feel and with colleagues in tech to add interactive features in Adobe DPS.
Founder & Creative DirectorDesign Owl
London, United KingdomPart Time
After founding my design company over 5 years ago I have completed work for a range of different industries covering many design disciplines. Most notably, clients include Powerleague, Murdock London and Accendo Markets as well as a number of start-ups. Some skills I have displayed during these projects include marketing design, branding and packaging design.
Senior Visual DesignerNews UK
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Over the past 3/4 years in my most recent role I climbed to a senior designer position, working alongside the design manager sharing and delegating creatives across a small design team. I spent my days creating eye catching content artwork as well as UI, supporting The Sun Dream Team app. In addition, my work crossed over with other brands such as Sun Savers, Times Money Mentor and the News UK internal comms team constantly maintaining and developing the brands visual language. There are no ends to what was requested with motion graphic, print and digital all within my skill set.
+ Show more
- Corporate Identity
- Art Direction
- Advertising Design
- Logo Design