Head of Design at Field.studio — Angus has worked for an array of clients across multiple sectors and disciplines. Spanning the music and entertainment industry, food and beverage to exhibition design and beyond. He’s still fascinated with tangible design; using interesting materials, substrates and bringing design into the 3D world around you. Notable clients include Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Shelter, The Science and Media Museum and Byron Hamburgers.
- Shelter — The Pledge WallAn Interactive Installation at Shelter's 50th Anniversary Reception — The Pledge Wall had two key purposes: engage individuals in the audience and get them to show their support by simply providing their name. The result was the reveal of a powerful rallying cry, made stronger by the show of support from Shelter’s major donors at the event. Anthony Burrill showed interest in the project and a collaboration began! Moving Image by Max Smith
- Byron — The Manager's Training ManualAn In-depth manual for Byron to use as part of their training course for prospective managers. — The training manual contained a lot of vital information interspersed with Byron’s visual history, interactive pages, and quizzes to enliven the folder and make it feel less daunting. Contains illustrations by: Alec Doherty, Jean Jullien, Nishant Choksi and Paul Blow.
- The Rolling Stones — From The VaultFrom The Vault is a series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which span some of their most legendary performances. – Primarily displayed below is the first release from the series: Hampton Coliseum 1981. The design challenge faced was creating a flexible system that would work across all the releases and multiple formats; LP, CD, DVD and publication formats. Work created whilst working at Studio Fury
- Shelter — 50 Year ExhibitionThe Shelter at 50 exhibition looked at Shelter’s milestone achievements and its insights into the housing crisis over the last 50 years. — The guests passed through five houses (one for each decade) where they were presented with physical archive material, reproductions, and objects from the era to put them right back in the moment. My wayfinding system led the guests from Shelter’s birth in 1966 to the present day.
- BoxHill Developments Ltd. — BrandingI was approached by the founder of BoxHill Developments Ltd. to create the identity for his newly established construction company. — The starting point for the mark was looking at construction in its simplest form: a square or cube. Or from another perspective: four walls and a roof. The end result is a logo that plays with perspective for the viewer and reveals two components that are interdependent and interactive.
- ByronWorking as a brand guardian and in-house designer for Byron — As one of two designers, I worked closely with the senior designer to shape the bi-monthly campaigns, restaurant collateral and other printed publications. My briefs and responsibilities varied greatly, and by the end of my time there I was the sole designer. Responsibilities included art direction, designing restaurant collateral and campaigns, communicating with illustrators and other creatives, handling print production, and over
+ View all
Head of DesignField
Sheffield, United KingdomFull Time
Leading creatively across an array of clients and sectors. The projects I'm involved in vary from exhibition design, to branding, web and print based projects. — Recent clients include; The Science and Industry museum - SMG Group, Timberplay Ltd, Intelligent Door Solutions, The Royal College of Art and The University of Sheffield.
Senior Graphic DesignerShelter
- Old St, London, UKFreelance
My role at Shelter saw me working as the senior designer on the in-house creative team. Given great responsibility across a variety of briefs, I project managed myself, as well as the junior designers and artworkers on the team. — The experience at Shelter was invaluable for many reasons. Working on an in-house design team challenged me as a designer to search for freedom and new ground within brand guidelines. Additionally, for the first time, during some projects I had junior team members under my guidance.
+ Show more
- Editoral Design
- Exhibition Design
- Music Artwork