I'm a multidisciplinary designer with over eight years' experience across print, digital and experiential. Most of my experience has been in the nonprofit sector, where I've always worked at the intersection of visual communication, learning design and innovation. I like to combine ideas, strategy and research to tell stories, help people learn and problem-solve. I'm a passionate advocate for design as a radical force for good in the world - from facilitating conversations to shaping processes, products and services that are inclusive and participatory.
- Empowering 400,000 Nonprofits to LearnThrough its platform, Canva supports 400,000 nonprofits globally. How to foster learning and collaboration for such a diverse audience? I conducted research on 4,000 nonprofits and shaped a learning and communications ecosystem. This included a virtual community, a bimonthly newsletter and a suite of free learning resources.
- ICAN - Celebrating a Nuclear-free WorldIn 2021 the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons became international law - it was an incredible milestone for Nobel-Peace-Prize-winner ICAN. The NGO marked this historical step towards a world free of nuclear weapons with a flagship report and a livestream event (Studio 22/21) featuring experts and activists.
- Visual Communication TrainingTHE CHALLENGE Due to Covid, the organization had no choice but shift its events strategy to digital. This meant a large number of people in the organization started creating visual content (presentations and event assets) without any design skills or background. MY ROLE I designed a 90-minute class to bring Forum employees up to speed on the principles of visual communication: this includes communication theory and design thinking as well as the basics of typography, layout, colour and multimed
- Betazone: Stories Made Visual | Part 3THE CHALLENGE Betazones are immersive talks where researchers, academics, designers and explorers share their story and visions for the future, brought to life on a huge LED screen. The talks are part of the official programme of the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland. The 2019 edition featured: Jane Goodall, Skye Meaker, Caroline Baumann, Sinéad Burke, Chiara Tilesi, Rena Effendi, Maria Konnikova and Eyal Weizman. MY ROLE I help speakers develop the storyline for their
- Yuval Harari | The End of Homo SapiensTHE CHALLENGE In the next century or two, Harari argues, humans will either upgrade themselves into gods or destroy themselves. Either way, we're probably one of the last generations of Homo Sapiens. What's next? Best-selling author Yuval Harari asked me to bring these ideas to life in the run-up to Brand Minds 2019, one of Europe's largest business summits.
+ View all
Design Lead for NonprofitsCanva
Sydney, AustraliaFull Time
I developed a design education strategy for a community of over 400,000 nonprofits around the world. I established a partnership with ITC (International Trade Centre) to design and deliver digital skills trainings for micro and small businesses in Africa and Asia. I designed educational content and resources and ran webinars on design, branding, storytelling and accessibility for nonprofits.
Visual Communication DesignerWorld Economic Forum
- Geneva, SwitzerlandFull Time
I designed digital products (microsites and e-learning courses) from conception and research all the way to wireframing, usability testing and roll-out. I designed presentations, internal comms and annual reports in support of institutional projects and activities. I produced visual storytelling sessions, working on messaging with high-level speakers and designing visuals and scene-setters in the context of international events including the Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland. I art directed a roster of service providers (audio-visual staff, freelance designers, illustrators, developers and design agencies). I designed and facilitated workshops, courses and training sessions on design thinking, visual communication and storytelling for internal staff. In the run-up to the events, I run storytelling workshops to help colleagues brief speakers and moderators.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- UI Design
- Digital Design
- Print Design
- Art Direction