My passion lies at the intersection of learning, communication and design: I started out in translation and copywriting working for big brands and gradually got into visual communication, storytelling and user experience. I love working with ideas as well as getting my hands dirty pushing pixels and sorting out post-it notes. Design for me is the perfect bridge between these two worlds!
- Visual Communication TrainingTHE CHALLENGE Due to Covid, the World Economic Forum shifted its events to digital. A large number of people in the organization started creating visual content (presentations and social media) without basic design skills. MY ROLE I designed a 90-minute class to bring Forum employees up to speed on the principles of visual communication: this includes communication theory and design thinking as well as the basics of typography, layout, colour and multimedia storytelling. On top of designing th
- Betazone: Stories Made Visual | Part 4THE CHALLENGE Betazones are immersive talks where researchers, academics, designers and explorers share their story and visions for the future, brought to life on a huge LED screen. The talks are part of the official programme of the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Dalian, China. The 2019 edition featured: Xu Bing, Daan Roosegaarde, Samantha Freebairn, Isabel Wijsen, Jennifer Morone and Nick Pyenson. MY ROLE I help speakers develop the storyline for their talks and design visuals for t
- Future Shocks 2019The Future Shocks series is a yearly report providing food for thought on some of the most pressing challenges the world faces today. In 2019 the World Economic Forum decided to launch a digital version in addition to the printed report and I was asked to design the digital experience. Illustrations by Patrik Svensson
- The End of Homo SapiensTHE CHALLENGE In the next century or two, humans will either upgrade themselves into gods or destroy themselves. Either way, we are probably one of the last generations of Homo Sapiens. So what's next? Best-selling author Yuval Harari asked me to bring these ideas to life in the run-up to Brand Minds 2019, one of Europe's biggest business summits.
- Betazone: Stories Made Visual | Part 3THE CHALLENGE Betazones are immersive talks where researchers, academics, designers and explorers share their story and visions for the future, brought to life on a huge LED screen. The talks are part of the official programme of the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland. The 2019 edition featured: Jane Goodall, Skye Meaker, Caroline Baumann, Sinéad Burke, Chiara Tilesi, Rena Effendi, Maria Konnikova and Eyal Weizman. MY ROLE I help speakers develop the storyline for their
- World Economic Forum 2018 Young Scientists BrochureThe Young Scientists Community brings together the most forward-thinking and celebrated scientific minds in the world, from nanotechnology and artificial intelligence to cosmology and particle physics. The brochure is a simple and effective tool to help members get to know each other and spot common areas of interest.
+ View all
Communication DesignerWorld Economic Forum
Geneva, SwitzerlandFull Time
A big part of my work is designing Betazone presentations for global WEF meetings. These are immersive talks featuring academics, designers, business leaders and explorers. I help speakers develop their stories and produce visual presentations and animated backdrops. In the run-up to the events, I run storytelling workshops to help colleagues brief speakers and moderators. When not working on Betazones, I write copy and design collateral and visual assets for internal communication and e-Learning courses.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- UI Design
- Digital Design
- Print Design
- Art Direction