I am an Illustrator and Graphic Designer, specialising in Infographics. Other service include, logo design, full branding materials (flyers, business cards, posters, etc) and social media content design. To see some of the project I have worked on visit my website: www.bashaarkhan.com or like my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bashaarkhandesign
- Infographics DesignTo design infographics to be published in the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) Insights website. Each month a different topic would be the focus of each infographic. The infographics that I designed are named "Holidays", "Easter" and "Festivals" and are published on this website:
- Tropicana Beach ClubComplete branding design for new tropical themed club in London's Covent Garden. Including, logo design, illustrations of interior design concepts, illustration design for staff uniform concepts, complete marketing collateral (event flyers, social media posts, website boxes, banners and edited photos, newsletters, posters), menus and other in-house materials (displays, table menus, offer flyers, placemats) business cards, promotional packages, leaflets, magazine and newspaper advertisements, coupons (for drinks offers, cloakroom tickets), stickers, bespoke invitations (produced as airplane tickets), various signs and banner for the front of venue as well as the main elements used in the broader graphic marketing materials. With a month to create all of the above and consistently update and produce new materials for new offers, events and promotions, every day.
- Jack Beard PhotoTo design a logo for a freelance photographer. The client is a friendly, customer orientated worker but professional in practice, so the challenge was to bring this to the logo... and inevitably the branding. My idea was to create a illustration based logo. Fun to look at but should work across multiple platforms in both web and print. the typeface should also be friendly, so a script font would ideal, but one that is capable of a formal feel, in the right situation.
+ View all
Group Senior DesignerLightsource bp
London, United KingdomFull Time
Leading the international creative team. With a heavy focus on creative strategy and with our global team continuing to grow, rapidly (from 500+ employees), my role has become to make our brands stand out and effectively engage our audience, of mainly large corporate entities and governments. This ultimately starts with the process of reconfiguring our Visual Identities and establish how each of them will work over the long-term. Challenges include clarifying the relationships between each brand and their related outputs. Training and development of team members are increasingly important as well as long-term strategy for digital design and video production. Creative visual advertising campaigns support this and help change misconceptions and promote a sustainable living, in a carbon-free future.
Group Head of DesignMaxwell's Restaurants Group
- London, United KingdomFull Time
As the Group Head of Design, I worked with senior stakeholders to deliver creative strategies, effectively across our team. Working with the CEO, Directors, General Managers and the group marketing team, I was responsible for the standard of design across the group, expectation management, training of our department and workflow of a growing in-house team. Our venues included Tropicana Beach Club, Old Compton Brasserie, Disco 54, Maxwell's Bar & Grill, Boulevard Brasserie, Palm Court Brasserie, PJ's Bar & Grill, Bill Wyman's Sticky Fingers, Joe's Southern Table & Bar and Cafe de Paris. I was responsible for the creative conception and delivery of all projects across every endpoint. Efficiency of the department, and the performance of the team were challenges for me to improve. At the same time, bringing innovative ideas to the team, creating an pragmatic action plan and actioning said plan, helped us to deliver all our campaigns, on time. For over ten brands, I was going the following: - Creative Strategy. Working with senior stakeholders, including the Board, CEO, General Managers and Sales & Marketing Director to establish creative goals and ideas. - Design of visual identity for new venues and applying new brand rules into venue and all associated artworks. - Liaising with external developers, agencies printers to ensure work is done to a specific standard and delivered on-time. - Email newsletter design. - Aesthetic conception of marketing campaigns and delivery to all relevant parties. - Producing all printed and digital assets for marketing campaigns. - Designing menus and overseeing the maintenance of all updates and delivery. - Web Design and digital asset management. - UI/UX Design. - Sourcing cost-effective methods of otherwise costly processes. - Overseeing all in-house print.
+ Show more
- Corporate Identity
- Print Design
- Brand Identity
- Logo Design
- Digital Marketing
- Silkscreen Printing
- Social Media Account Management
Print DesignSouthampton Solent University
- Southampton, United Kingdom
Year 1: Art History & Contemporary Art Critique Traditional Print Techniques Visual Research Year 2: Critical Discourse Editorial Illustration Fairytale and Folklore Illustration Narrative Book Illustration Year 3: Dissertation Negotiated Study Final Major Project
Best New/ Improved Visual Identity, Tropicana Beach Club (Highly Commended Award)Restaurant Marketer & Innovator (RMI)Tropicana Beach Club was the winner of the Highly Commended Award in the Restaurant Marketer and Innovator Award for Best New / Improved Visual Identity 2016/17. Competing against other high profile London venues such as the Breakfast Club, Busaba, Brewhouse & Kitchen, Chopstix Noodle Bar, Hache and Chop'd. I was the sole designer, responsible for designing the logo & visual identity, working with all internal Group Head Office Directors and external agencies, to create the brand and continue to design all sub-brands & events and produce all associated digital and printed collateral.