- Little One: Children's Book Illustration'Little One' is a story about how the robin got his red chest, written by John Bush. I worked on the illustrations as part of a course in children's book illustration, taught by Korky Paul. The smaller drawings are character sketches and initial workings for the finished artwork. I've included the finished artwork for the first three page spreads. All artwork is completed with fineliner pens. Story copyright © John Bush. All rights reserved.
- Open Day Guide: University of OxfordRedesign and rewrite of Oxford's Open Day Guide After five years of a similar design, Oxford were looking for a fresh design for their Open Day Guide. The guide is used across their three central undergraduate Open Days, with over 20,000 copies printed and handed out to prospective applicants and their families. With over 60 venues spread across the city, hosting 100s of events, the guide is central to the coordination of the day, ensuring that visitors can make the most of their time in th
- Families Guide: University of OxfordSupporting the families of Oxford applicants I was asked to design and write a new guide for the families of students applying to Oxford: explaining both the application process and giving them an idea of what studying at Oxford is really like. I designed two options, both of which are displayed above. In order to meet the needs of particular access groups, I oversaw the translation of the guide into four additional languages: Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi and Bengali. I then typeset these new versio
- UNIQ Brochure: University of OxfordI was commissioned to produce a promotional leaflet to support the marketing campaign for the University of Oxford's flagship outreach programme, UNIQ. The print leaflet was sent to 4,000 state schools around the UK, to encourage students to sign up for the programme.
- GRIMM: Hurst Street PressIllustrations for a poetry collection. Published by Hurst Street Press in 2018, GRIMM is a poetry collection from Ulrike Almut Sandig, translated by Karen Leeder. Referring to The Children’s and Household Tales of the Brothers Grimm, this collection reanimates the dark side of the Grimm tales, using them as a backdrop for a very contemporary European concerns: war, migration, the rise of the Right. I was commissioned to produce a series of illustrations that responded to the poetry. I chose
+ View all
Communications OfficerUniversity of Oxford
- Oxford, United KingdomFull Time
Communications Officer for Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach. Key responsibilities included: • project-managing the annual undergraduate prospectus: liaising with external designers and printers, and around 300 internal stakeholders; • designing and writing other undergraduate print publications, and overseeing their production and distribution; • producing the open day guide; used by over 40,000 visitors at the university’s three annual open days; • writing and designing undergraduate newsletters via MailChimp and Adestra for a range of audiences including teachers and prospective applicants, with a collective annual reach of c.30,000; • supporting external enquiry handling and maintenance of communications resources for university colleagues; • contributing to the maintenance of the university’s undergraduate website (over 350 web pages and 14 million annual visitors); • completing audience-based research to inform tone and content of future publications and digital content.
Co-founderHurst Street Press
- Oxford, United KingdomPart Time
I co-founded and ran an independent publishing house for two years after finishing university. Key responsibilities and achievements included: • producing seven original publications and five major commissions: preparing prepress scripts via InDesign, including imposition, typesetting, final proofing and overseeing the editorial process; • setting up and running the company’s social media channels and front-end web development; • implementing marketing campaigns for each publication, employing both digital and print channels; • managing a diverse portfolio of events from academic panel discussions, exhibitions and book launches for 100+ guests in London, Oxford and Bath; • overseeing business operations including payroll, bookkeeping and financial returns; • fundraising over £7,000 in private and council grants.
+ Show more
MSt English Language and Literature 1900 Present DayThe University of Oxford
- Oxford, United Kingdom
+ Show more