- Cover story: Liza Bilal Co-Led Bristol’s BLM Protest That Sparked a Global Push for ChangeFor our latest BRICKS Voices digital cover, meet an organiser behind Bristol’s history-making BLM demonstration, Liza Bilal, as she discusses racism in the UK, Black Lives Matter and mental health. Read the cover story here: https://bricksmagazine.co.uk/2020/11/27/voices-cover-liza-bilal-activist/
Projects credited in
- ADHD Article for BRICKS WORLD newsletterUnderstanding and Learning To Love My ADHD for @bricksmagazine BRICKS WORLD newsletter “ADHD is no walk in the park. It can cause significant impairment as symptoms persist over time. According to ADHD 2.0 (2021), having ADHD costs a person nearly 13 years of life on average, and about two-thirds of people with ADHD have a life expectancy reduced by up to 21 years. Depending on how it is managed, it can be a uniquely powerful asset, or an immutable curse. The decipher between the two is unders
- IS 2020’S POLISH PRO-CHOICE MOVEMENT A REPETITION OR A REVOLUTION? - Article for BRICKS MAGAZINEhttps://bricksmagazine.co.uk/2020/12/23/the-year-women-took-the-streets-to-reclaim-the-power-over-their-bodies/ Retouch & Post Production by VASCO OLIVEIRA Article by MELISSA SANTOS Interviewee JUSTYNA PLEC Photography by JAKUB BARAN
- BRICKS #8 'The Let's Evolve' IssueI assisted Editor-in-Chief Tori West in producing this issue of BRICKS Magazine remotely during lockdown. Inside, I introduced and edited an insightful discussion between cover star Caroline Polachek and frequent collaborator A.G Cook, analysed the future of fashion with industry innovators, and interviewed some of the faces behind Instagram's biggest activism accounts.
- Melissa Revolution + Fiorella GianiniSubmission for #MelissaNext competition. #MelissaNext Winner Design For my design, I was inspired by the 60's fashion and art scene. It was a youthful decade, very prolific for art and fashion. Women were also finding their place in society and challenging old standards. They started to rally in the streets and there were several movements asking for equality. Abstract art was taking new directions and pop art was at its peak. It was a very colourful decade that was also reflected in fashion-
- BRICKS #7 'The Rise Together' IssueI produced the Rise Together issue of BRICKS alongside Editor-in-chief Tori West and Features Editor Luke Smith. During the production of this issue, I wrote the cover story with Australian musicians Amyl & The Sniffers. Additionally, I assisted on shoots and interviews for the 'Portraits' section and published a fashion feature with TOMS Senior Director Lisa Hogg.
+ Show more
- Content Creatiion